What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - Chris Aldworth - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Aldworth

Unban Appeal for Chris Aldworth 

In-game Name: Chris Aldworth

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198092287273

Ban ID: !!rpuk5490!!

Reason given for your ban: Random Death Match (RDM)

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I believe i was banned because i stabbed a player after he stabbed me for no reason. However, I am not sure admin were aware of the instance. If they only saw the other persons side of the story, then i can understand why they believed it was RDM. I can assure you it wasn't RDM. The other person was doing RDM as i feel it was not realistic, nor roleplay.

I could have, and should have reported them after trying to talk on team speak, but i guess i tried to stick to roleplay and take revenge, as i would in real life.

Why should we unban you ?: The player stabbed me because someone was talking to a girl on a motorbike, but the person who was actually talking were hiding in the bush, and they thought i was talking. but i was simply standing there, looking in my inventory and my phone.

I explained i wasn't talking and there is someone in the bush. They continued to say i was i said 'I wasn't talking you donut' and more arrived, and he said what did you say to her, I said 'i wasn't the one talking, and they said yeah but what did you say, i said 'i wasn't speaking you donut'. The guy then knifed me, injuring me immediately, where i need hospitalisation.

I did absolutely nothing wrong.

So when i managed to recover, i remembered his face, and stabbed him, outside pillbox in revenge.

Of course, if i had 'died' i would not have got revenge as that would be impossible for someone to remember being killed. I was only injured, and stabbed him the once, in revenge.

I look forward to your reply, either way.

Thanks

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, 

I have watched the video and although it shows me stab someone, it doesn't show any other stabbings? Player Arriving at the scene does make me look like RDM, we can all agree. However, who knows whether there was issues or other reasonings before the recording player arrives. I am pretty sure the red head guy caused it a little earlier.

We all know people talk shit and attack for no reason. Presumably I am retaliating for something. However this is clearly not captured so makes me look bad.

In regards to that 2nd 'final' attack, I heard 'yeah that's him' and thought it was a gang/friend of red head coming to attack me, and the fact he proceeded to chase me, i got concerned i was about to be attacked so i did a pre-emptive attack in what i thought was defensive.

As for the punch 'that missed' at what looks like a local player, could be real player, was an accidental wrong button (i use controller) and i immediately move away from the situation.

I fully understand the rules and RDM is proper annoying for everyone and ruins gameplay. However, sometimes roleplay where you attack in revenge and/or defensive can look like RDM. 

This is probably where i should be using nvidia capture - however, I have had issues with alt +F10 as it doesn't think fivem is a game and doesn't start recording.

I apologise to the player recording, as this has affected his roleplaying. I genuinely thought i was being chased. I do not apologise to the red head, as i remember him being a griefer and causing issues/conflict.

Hello there. 

Please quote me the rule you broke and explain in your own words why it is in place. Also, I would like to know how you would handle a similar situation in future, to ensure that people are aware as to why they are being attacked.

Hello there. 

Please quote me the rule you broke and explain in your own words why it is in place. Also, I would like to know how you would handle a similar situation in future, to ensure that people are aware as to why they are being attacked.
Hi, 

(G1.2) Random Death Match (RDM). 

The rule is in place to protect roleplay for players. 

Randomly killing people is unrealistic and completely ruins true role-playing. 

I have experienced other players NOT role-playing and it genuinely ruins the whole experience. 

If killing is to happen, it needs to be within the limits of roleplay. Ie attempting to kidnap / rob someone by making them put their hands up and if they refuse to follow instructions like put hands up or runs away etc. obviously the killing of a player should be last resort. There have been many times when i have been attacked, killing these players, within role play is completely acceptable.

I absolutely agree I could provide more verbal communication within my roleplay. I have noticed I don't speak enough. 

As mentioned the first guy was genuinely being a griefer earlier on. 

The second guy was a misunderstanding and completely my fault and I ruined their roleplay. 

I could have atleast stayed and explained the situation but I left the scene and got run over by a local

Also, if i feel another player isn't following the rules, I should ask why they are doing what they are doing, will they come to TeamSpeak to discuss it and if that fails I should simply follow the reporting procedure and deal with it properly.

Revenge killing, whether i believe my actions are within roleplay, isn't good for anyone, even for me.

Going forward, communication is key and following the correct procedures.

Chris. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thake this into account for the future and as a learning experience.

Unbanned.

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back