What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Report a player - Connor Greatt - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Adams

Banned
Report a player 

Your In-game Name: PJ Shinoda-Adams

Name and/or ID of the player(s) you are reporting: Connor Greatt

Which server did the incident take place on: GTA RP

Date of the incident: 12/06/21

Time of the incident (GMT) 24hr Format: 21

What best describes this incident ?: G1.5

Please (in detail) describe the incident: Ballas were doing life invader. No matter the outcome, connor knew here if he was to call Sean the animation of him holding his phone would happen therefore identifying him just through his phone being out. In my opinion and the opinion of a lot of others this falls under G1.5 PowerGaming. Forcing a scenario where no matter the roleplay of the other party you will win. Example: Roleplaying superpowers, roleplaying fatal injuries when they were only minor to avoid roleplaying with the emergency services, sealing buildings with cars to prevent entrance of other players, using knowledge of the rules within roleplay

Link to any evidence (Youtube/Screenshot):

https://medal.tv/games/gta-v/clips/52zkBsfTOBGWR/3Z1TQs0IWJ6u?invite=cr-MSxFRGksMjU5ODM4NzUs

This report is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth!: Yes

You tried to resolve the situation with the player(s) before reporting: No

This is not a revenge report (Abuse will lead to forum/community bans): Yes

Police already knew it was the Ballas. Connor Greatt and Sean Glasgow have a long standing relationship that has been built up through many months of good RP. This was simply our characters catching up, as I'm sure you're aware, Sean hadn't been in the city for a decent period of time.

This in no way, shape or form, is any sort of powergaming. This does not force 'a win' for the police in this situation. If a known criminal is daft enough to give his number to a senior police officer, and then carry that phone whilst carrying out illicit activities whilst pretending not to be themselves - Then that is on themselves. 'As the saying goes, 'good criminals get away, shit criminals get caught.'

Whilst i apprieciate your commitment to keeping our server clean, and reporting rulebreaks, I would be keen to hear what the person directly involved ( @Furphy) has to say, as opposed to you being offended on his behalf, and going out of your way to make this report. When I contacted Sean, he had no knowledge of the report and said that he did not feel that any rules had been broken. 

I would also like to raise concerns that this may be a 'revenge report', given your often outspoken dislike towards myself, both in game and out of game. I'm aware our characters have a ropey relationship in game, and I enjoy it, however I sometimes feel you struggle to seperate in-game, and out of game matters. The effort you have went to collate and report this evidence, when you weren't even in the building, makes this clear to me.

I would like to draw attention to the below image, from the Ballas discord on 28/11/21, which reinforces this view.

IHurVOM.png

(G1.6) Being In Character - What happens in Roleplay needs to stay within Roleplay.

I will not be commenting further unless absolutely necessary. This will be up to the staff leads to decide.

I look forward to hearing from yourself and Sean. Thank you for my first ever report 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Police already knew it was the Ballas. Connor Greatt and Sean Glasgow have a long standing relationship that has been built up through many months of good RP. This was simply our characters catching up, as I'm sure you're aware, Sean hadn't been in the city for a decent period of time.

This in no way, shape or form, is any sort of powergaming. This does not force 'a win' for the police in this situation. If a known criminal is daft enough to give his number to a senior police officer, and then carry that phone whilst carrying out illicit activities whilst pretending not to be themselves - Then that is on themselves. 'As the saying goes, 'good criminals get away, shit criminals get caught.'
There is no way to prevent your phone from pulling out at any point. When the phone hangs up from the callers end the phone animation still takes effect. Therefore forcing a scenario where the other person can't do anything prevent it.

Whilst i apprieciate your commitment to keeping our server clean, and reporting rulebreaks, I would be keen to hear what the person directly involved ( @Furphy) has to say, as opposed to you being offended on his behalf, and going out of your way to make this report. When I contacted Sean, he had no knowledge of the report and said that he did not feel that any rules had been broken.
Staff leads will deal with this regardless of your opinion.

I would also like to raise concerns that this may be a 'revenge report', given your often outspoken dislike towards myself, both in game and out of game. I'm aware our characters have a ropey relationship in game, and I enjoy it, however I sometimes feel you struggle to separate in-game, and out of game matters. The effort you have went to collate and report this evidence, when you weren't even in the building, makes this clear to me.
There are multiple screenshots of Connor saying things OOC prior to this making comments in public discord servers about me which lead me to say this stuff above. The reason this report was put up in the first place was because I think this action you've made in-game by calling someone to confirm their identity is breaking G1.5.

(G1.6) Being In Character - What happens in Roleplay needs to stay within Roleplay.
Not once in Roleplay have I brought anything in roleplay out of roleplay. Thank you for the concern though mate.

I'll wait for a Staff Lead to comment further and give their opinion on the matter.
Kind regards,
PJ

To comment further. All OOC issues I stated about above can be found by staff leads and above in a ticket that is still open. #int-stafflead-0080

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all.

So, this clearly goes beyond a simple accusation of a rule break. For now, I will simply address the report but I suggest you two work out your issues in private, not on the forums.

So, as for the report, If Connor had dialed a number and then went on to see that the persons phone rang and used that information to prove it was them, then you might have a case. However, in this case, the person answered the phone and went on to speak to Connor. The fact that the person who answered the call doesn't seem to have any issues with this is the first indicator that this report is being used for something other than dealing with a simple rule break. Long story short, this report is being denied.

Denied

Thank you for your report, Unfortunately, it has been declined

The staff member will advise shortly why on this occasion they have declined to take action against the reported player.

Please do not let this put you off making further reports in the future, We rely on our player base to help keep our community clean.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back