What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Unban Appeal - chief waffler - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief waffler

Unban Appeal for chief waffler 

In-game Name: Brandon Skenger

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198160342261

Ban ID: !!rpuk8146!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.3 + G1.5

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned as I said that bodycamera footage had been uploaded to the cloud.

It was late in the morning and I had to go to work. Two police officers were taking their time and making sure to keep me as long as possible. I got frustrated and when they smashed my body camera, I said it had been uploaded to the cloud. Daft mistake and was defo power gaming.

Why should we unban you ?: I made a mistake whilst angry at the situation and it did in no way reflect any of the roleplay I had done prior. Once I was banned, I decided to take an extended break before trying to appeal. My roleplay is quality, and I had offered a lot, befriending some of the well known people within the server. I worked hard on my character and the way he was perceived, and because of this one mistake, I was permanently banned. I'd like to be unbanned so I can continue offering the quality roleplay that I had done, besides this incident, and ultimately to enjoy playing again

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: No

Good Morning @chief waffler

From looking over the report that was made against yourself and reviewing the evidence, I can see that you did mention you had to go however if you get involved in RP and need to leave it's good to pop it in ooc for example to inform others that you can't stay around much longer due to XYZ. It has been a few months overall since this happened however taking ownership of what you did is a start. 

Can you please quote me both rules you've broken and explain in your own words why you believe we have these rules in place? 

Within roleplay as a whole situations aren't "Timed" as the roleplay flows freely among players and indeed some situations can take longer than others, Now you mention you got frustrated when your body camera got smashed, Why did you get annoyed over this? 

Good Morning @chief waffler

From looking over the report that was made against yourself and reviewing the evidence, I can see that you did mention you had to go however if you get involved in RP and need to leave it's good to pop it in ooc for example to inform others that you can't stay around much longer due to XYZ. It has been a few months overall since this happened however taking ownership of what you did is a start. 

Can you please quote me both rules you've broken and explain in your own words why you believe we have these rules in place? 

Within roleplay as a whole situations aren't "Timed" as the roleplay flows freely among players and indeed some situations can take longer than others, Now you mention you got frustrated when your body camera got smashed, Why did you get annoyed over this? 
Sure.

G1.5 Powergaming - Forcing a scenario where no matter the roleplay of the other party you will win. Example: Roleplaying superpowers, roleplaying fatal injuries when they were only minor to avoid roleplaying with the emergency services, sealing buildings with cars to prevent entrance of other players, using knowledge of the rules within roleplay..

[SIZE=medium]A.   Rule is in place to prevent players from gaining an advantage within RP (that is usually unrealistic based off of in-game mechanics),  and improve the odds of the [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]situation[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] going in your favour... As an example, forcing someone to withdraw money from an ATM.[/SIZE]

C2.3 Combat logging - Logging out at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a permanent ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).

A.   Rule is in place to prevent the abrupt ending of a roleplay situation. This normally happens when someone is afraid of losing something they have, or to avoid a consequence. - With regards to this rule break, I gave ample warning that I needed to leave the situation soon, mentioning several times over the course of around 15 minutes that I had to take a flight. I was practically forced into breaking this rule by the reporter, however getting myself into that situation when I had commitments outside of the server is entirely my fault. Granted, I was only speeding and had no intention of entering it, but still is something I should take responsibility for. 

I was annoyed, as their conduct was inappropriate and not shown in the clip they provided when I was reported. I said that their bosses would be hearing from me, with the intent to report them for their misconduct, and they then smashed my body camera. At that point, I'd already saved the clip and started re-recording, hence the video being 'uploaded to the cloud'. The mentality that the police took to the situation was an ' I'm right, you're wrong and there is nothing you can do about it', as well as a very we're going to win no matter what. It's frustrating when people do this, because I'm be more than happy to lose as long as the RP is of a high quality. Why play an RP server if people are going to police in this way. More effort in the RP is what makes a police department stand out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This 'Win mentality' shouldn't be in minds of anyone and just because you are going to jail doesn't mean the roleplay stops or the situation for that matter. There are many other things you can do such as you claimed, Making a complaint (This is done in RP) or via a solicitor. I can however understand the frustration when somethings don't go the way people feel ect. 

I'll be upfront with you I am willing to give you another chance in the community since it has been three months since you have been gone and you do appear to have a better understanding of the rules in question, However there are a few questions I still have. If you are met with a situation like this moving forward what would you do? 

Would you simply just say you have to go then log off again after saying a few times? 

In relation to the 'body cam' statement and the video being uploaded already, Would you do the same thing again moving forward ? 

This 'Win mentality' shouldn't be in minds of anyone and just because you are going to jail doesn't mean the roleplay stops or the situation for that matter. There are many other things you can do such as you claimed, Making a complaint (This is done in RP) or via a solicitor. I can however understand the frustration when somethings don't go the way people feel ect. 

I'll be upfront with you I am willing to give you another chance in the community since it has been three months since you have been gone and you do appear to have a better understanding of the rules in question, However there are a few questions I still have. If you are met with a situation like this moving forward what would you do? 

Would you simply just say you have to go then log off again after saying a few times? 

In relation to the 'body cam' statement and the video being uploaded already, Would you do the same thing again moving forward ? 
Met with a situation like this, I'd provide OOC communication stating that I must leave. I tried to do so several times within voice, however this is considered in RP, so is irrelevant. After clearly stating in OOC that I must go, I'd ask to continue the RP when I am next available.

No, I would not do the same thing moving forward. It is illogical to do the same thing having been punished for it, and it is also unfair to power game and force a situation in the way that I did.

I appreciate being given a second chance and I hope for a swift response so that I can get back to the RP!

Another thing to do on top of using ooc chat to let others know, Make a ticket on discord as well to inform the Staff Team. With the video as a whole you are fine to save and upload it for forum reports, If you are streaming ect however if any recording is taken within RP then you cannot use said recordings in roleplay regardless, Just so you are aware of this moving forward.

Now when coming back in you should be in the prison still where you logged off, So for this you will need to deal with this in Roleplay. What I mean by this is you still have a phone in your inventory so you can work that out how you'd like, However it would be preferred to finish the roleplay situation you was in overall than just running off and enjoying your day.

Once you've read this pop a comment since we won't take you out of the prison room as you did get there via your own situation. 

Another thing to do on top of using ooc chat to let others know, Make a ticket on discord as well to inform the Staff Team. With the video as a whole you are fine to save and upload it for forum reports, If you are streaming ect however if any recording is taken within RP then you cannot use said recordings in roleplay regardless, Just so you are aware of this moving forward.

Now when coming back in you should be in the prison still where you logged off, So for this you will need to deal with this in Roleplay. What I mean by this is you still have a phone in your inventory so you can work that out how you'd like, However it would be preferred to finish the roleplay situation you was in overall than just running off and enjoying your day.

Once you've read this pop a comment since we won't take you out of the prison room as you did get there via your own situation. 
Understood. 

I've gone ahead and issued the unban for you, Don't let me down and hope to not see you back in this section moving forth. Hope you have a wonderful day! 

Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back