What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Unban Appeal - Richardd - GTA RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardd

Unban Appeal for Richardd 

In-game Name: Ollie Dawson

Server: GTA RP

Steam ID: 76561198245241728

Ban ID: !!rpuk8995!!

Reason given for your ban: C2.2 - Player Report

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.: I was banned because it was deemed I was using session heads to find where someone was and that I must regularly do so as I used session heads in a situation that at first glance may seemed like I was using it for my advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVEiGXcdibU

Why should we unban you ?: I did not use session-heads as a means to find where the player was in the video from the report a player section. You can clearly see desynch in the video leading to the guy skipping around the water, in the moment this confused me because he practically disappeared off my screen after previously jittering, and I used session heads to grab an id thinking it was a combat log-in the hopes I would get it in time. The position I was in meant I could have easily dived and seen where the player was with the water being very clear with plenty of light. Sessionhead provided no benefit to me as the guy was clearly visible to me and in my line of sight. Watch the video and see what you can see first the player model or the ID, because its clearly the player model.

I uploaded the full video with context behind it knowing I’d used session heads and not tried to hide it -because I wasn’t using it for an advantage, if that was my goal, why would I have uploaded evidence of me breaking rules in the first place?

You often need a player Id to report a player and I should not be punished for using it for its purpose. When playing as police I would say about 20% of chases end in a combat log, and most are not reported because session heads are not used in time. Session heads is not an on/off toggle either so I couldn’t turn it off once I’d established the player still exists. I believe my ban was unfair as there was no effort to communicate this issue with me when with a small amount of analysis of the video and a communication of my POV, it is quite evident I was not exploiting.

If I am unbanned I will simply unbind my sessionheads key because I will have no use for it as for me it is not worth the risk reporting rule breaks if i am to be banned without the due process the reported player gets in the report a player section.

As for the suggestion that I regularly use session heads for an advantage here's a compilation awfully put together by myself showing that this is not the case.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

a

Please confirm that you have read the unban appeal process and rules: Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
@RicharddYou probably didn't mean to use the session heads to your advantage, however you did it's a simple as that you was able to find the person due to this and therefore took advantage of that feature which resulted in you getting banned. The issue was with how quick this was done and honestly I don't get the usage here, if the person had combat logged then you wouldn't be able to get the ID of the person. So it just paints the picture of you trying to find someone from the ID.

As for the video you have provided it doesn't exactly help you as it was created by you. You are not going to put a video together that would involve any situations that you have used session heads so it's kind of pointless.

If I am unbanned I will simply unbind my sessionheads key because I will have no use for it as for me it is not worth the risk reporting rule breaks if i am to be banned without the due process the reported player gets in the report a player section.
So say someone is breaking some serious rules, how will you deal with that if you do this?

Hello Robbie, so in this situation Sessionheads didn’t help me, I saw the person before the ID and if you look closely at the video it is very hard to see the ID before the player model. 

As for the usage, sometimes when people combat log their character remains for a small period of time but they can’t be interacted with I.e restraining searching etc. I was under the impression the player was “ pulling the plug” and I therefore had a chance to grab the ID before it was too late.

If someone is breaking serious rules I will just type /sessionheads so there is no issue with seemingly using it too quickly and using it will put me at a clear disadvantage. 

I can honestly say I did not intend to use it for my advantage nor happen to use it as an advantage for convenience. I reviewed my footage before I posted the evidence and thought about my use of sessionheads, I knew at first glance it seemed dodgy but when I looked at it a bit deeper I thought my actions where fair and justifiable in the moment and hence posted the video anyway.

So why didn't you do the right thing and just "miss" the guy you cheated to find? 
I was refering to when I was reviewing the footage that at first glance it seemed dodgy, not that I was being dodgy. But I didn't go out of my way to miss the guy because I saw the player first not the number, watch the footage slowly and you can see how its extremely difficult to see his number in the first few seconds but you can see the actual person very clearly, I had already looked behind me and his model was facing the direction he was going when it momentarily disappeared, making it pretty obvious where he would of been if he was actually still on the server. Futhermore, it provided me literally no benefit whatsoever. Infact I would go as far as to say it slowed me down because rather than dive into the water and see him very quickly, i take the time to press sessionheads and check the general area to try grab his ID.

I am not interested in exploiting to win a situation, I gain nothing from it and the fun is in the chase on fair terms.

I am going to be honest, I don't believe that you didn't use session heads intentionally. 

It's good and well you creating a video showing us times you COULD have used it but how do we know there isn't times you DID use it but you're just not showing them?

For me personally, I'm going to find it very difficult to even consider an unban on your person.

I have been as honest and transparent as I can, I uploaded the footage that got me banned, not realising that staff wouldn't see my perspective. Taking that one situation where there is justification there whether you believe it or not and then not trusting me because i COULD be malliciously using it is just unfair, why not ask every single player in the community that question. You don't believe me but I have answered every question and justified my actions. How do you know I never use sessionheads to my advantage and never will? I cannot physically prove that, nobody can, but I have been very positively engaged with this community in the last 6 months, never been banned, had multiple roleplayer recommendations on the forums and put a lot of time into policing. It would be a shame for all that to end over me telling the truth.

At the end of the day I ve been in the community since 2015, I know how the unban appeal system works so do you really think if I did use sessionheads to my advantage I wouldn't just admit my wrong doing, apologise and likely be unbanned rather than back and forth here about it and risk not being believed or caught lieing. 

If it takes for me to never use sessionheads again then I won't, It will be a shame to have to leave here after the fun me and others have had in the last 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Back!

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back