What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Radeon RX 480

I watched linus tech tips video on it earlier, looking pretty cool! Just gotta wait to see how it actually performs in the real world :)

Personally I'd like to see a VGA/DVI output but I guess DisplayPort and HDMI 2.0b are the thing now. Might have to buy a new monitor when I get this card also, still worth it tho.

you can get pretty cheap adapters, I use hdmi/display port to vga adapters myself

I been looking into this.. It's not 1080 grade stuff but for the price point its gonna be contender for great value or budget range gaming I heard £165 retail for 4GB version and £210 for the 8GB version, it's got its place on the market compared to the R9 3XX , Nano, Fury range. Would have been nice to see something to try for Nvidia's high end but with Gameworks and all the other bells and whistles Nvidias GeForce push to get placed in games still sucks for AMD card owners.

Last edited by a moderator:
They did state somewhere (no i cant find link sorry :( )that their High end kit to challenge 1080 will be either released or announced towards the end of the year.

But yeah if VR does take off, its going to be a hard argument for Joe blogs to pay out for a 980Ti vs RX480. I know with my limited budget exactly which card I would buy or if I had no brand loyalty which one I would go for.
Us gamers though who really do require performance, the answers lie in the benchmarks !!

To be honest I have a 390x and its perfectly fine what what I need, I don't need 4k gaming, Hell I don't even do 1440p gaming, I got the card for cheap I was looking at the 980Ti at the time but I was like pay 600 for 980Ti or 180 for 390x it was a no brainer to me.

I had never had any problems in past with AMD nor with Nvidia but I can't justify myself buying a 970/980/980Ti for 1080p gaming.

People who tell me I should have gone for a 970/980 over my 390x, My question is why go pay more money for a card I can do cheaper on another one that less than half the price at time I brought it.

Needs over wants.  I want a 1080 but I don't need a 1080

Back