What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Memory Error

Liam

Unlinked
I know about the TB Malloc thing that went around for a bit that supposedly fixed this but when I done it, it still gave me errors.

Is this an RPUK Thing or an Altis Life problem in general?

Reason I'm asking between those two is the fact that I can join RPUK Tanoa Life with 0 problems, KoTh with 0 problems but RPUK Altis Life I need to join the server around 10 times before it actually lets me in without any errors.

Please help if you can :/

Tagging my bae @Zeito

Tagging another computer genius @lionel<---- Dunno if thats the right one so I'll tag the other one too.  @Lione

I know about the TB Malloc thing that went around for a bit that supposedly fixed this but when I done it, it still gave me errors.

Is this an RPUK Thing or an Altis Life problem in general?

Reason I'm asking between those two is the fact that I can join RPUK Tanoa Life with 0 problems, KoTh with 0 problems but RPUK Altis Life I need to join the server around 10 times before it actually lets me in without any errors.

Please help if you can :/

Tagging my bae @Zeito

Tagging another computer genius @lionel<---- Dunno if thats the right one so I'll tag the other one too.  @Lione
Seen this problem across multiple Game Modes so i think it's more an Arma thing. You could try the Performance client binary from BI dev Dwarden

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/AAB9LYl4cVZZHnlHrfvj6wUCa/162perf11?dl=0

arma3client_performance_162_137824_v11.7z is the one you want to try. Just download that, rename your arma3.exe to something like arma3original.exe and add in the client exe as arma3.exe or whatever the original client binary is.

From what I've done is under mods you need to select CPU count depending on how many cores your CPU has which might fix it. Otherwise for me if I get errors I just close steam and verify data for Arma and close steam again and run it which works for me and then dont close arma or you'll have to do the process again. 

Have requested this be moved to the tech section ;)  Cheers mods !!

Lots of ppl getting memory issues since the new update :( 

Would recommend reading through a few of the posts there as some people have found some interesting ways of getting around it. e.g. alt tabbing malloc mode and cores selection

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 'workaround' i've seen is load up arma, go into Virtual Arsenal, dick around a bit and then quit out of arsenal and try joining a server.

My housemate seems to occasionally get a memory access violation when playing on our exile server, and has to verify arma each time afterwards. I have virtually the same PC as him, and it doesnt happen to me, so it's a bit hit-and-miss with the cause.

@SPC Sir Liam

Like you I never seem to get the error while playing on anything else or on private servers.

If you want to try my settings:

9a044ef33b5608a642c4b278cd6f7a1f.png

I find that I need to try different mallocs occasionally. (Change between: "tbbmalloc" "tbb3malloc_bi" "tbb4malloc_bi" "jemalloc_bi" "tcmalloc_bi" "nedmalloc_bi")

If you are launching with steams command line parameters, try using this parameter "-malloc=mybestmalloc_bi" 

If you need any help, drop me a message on TS, I'll talk you through how I get around it.

couple of things that work for me, make a back up profile on arma and join the server with that profile, then log out , switch to your main profile and it should let you connect, allso go to your eden editor , load up an altis mission , spawn in as a character, then log out back to main menu and connect to the server

both things have worked for me on a daily basis , and worked every time 

For some reason when I joined the server through the ALUK Launcher then got into lobby and aborted then tried, it put me in straight away.

This works for me - cant guarantee it works for you

Once you are past the launcher and the initial bootup loading screen (the small box), go into Task Manager, rightclick Arma 3 (make sure its the .exe, not the launcher) and press Create Dump File. You need to be fast and do this before you're connected with the server (if you dont use the RPUK launcher you've got all the time in the world).

This works about 90% of the times for me. You need to do this every time you restart the game tho. If you find any other permanent fixes that works, please tag me <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I've contacted Bohemia Interactive Support and after a long process, they said that if it only happens on the servers and not on singleplayer it is something to deal with custom mission files.

The way I go around mine is with what said

I do one fix and it sorts it then the next day it could be broken again. I think the whole thing is just hit and miss with if it errors out or not.

#BlameBI

why cant they just fix this bug everyone seems to have it in the hole arma comunity they have a broken game man

Back