What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

shadow play red line

JSt4r

Banned
so I use shadow play to record and sometimes I get a red line through the record icon after I alt f10, have to turn shadow play off and on again to make it work again. wondering if there's any perm fixes? I use Windows 10 btw.

Use a different hard drive to the one the game is stored on.

Have you made sure that the "Temporary files location:" has got enough space free on it? I had the same issue like last month and this fixed it. If it's full just change the location where it saves.

Sorry for being a week late - Did you get this sorted? Occasionally happens to me, either full disk for recording, or shadowplay bugs out a little. I usually just disable shadowplay, then re-enable it and it fixes the red-line most of the time.

Sorry for being a week late - Did you get this sorted? Occasionally happens to me, either full disk for recording, or shadowplay bugs out a little. I usually just disable shadowplay, then re-enable it and it fixes the red-line most of the time.
Still getting the issue, only fix i can do is turning it off and on like you said, cant find a permanent fix :/

Still getting the issue, only fix i can do is turning it off and on like you said, cant find a permanent fix :/
What's your shadowplay setup like? When you record or have the running buffer it will store the recordings in a temporary location before transcoding on the GPU and writing the saved video to your shadowplay folder. 

If you have a C and D drive for example - with D being where you save your recordings to, unless you change it SP will use the C drive as the temporary location, and if it's low on space it has no where to store temp files before recording.

Also, what happened before this started? Any driver update? GeForce Experience updates?

What's your shadowplay setup like? When you record or have the running buffer it will store the recordings in a temporary location before transcoding on the GPU and writing the saved video to your shadowplay folder. 

If you have a C and D drive for example - with D being where you save your recordings to, unless you change it SP will use the C drive as the temporary location, and if it's low on space it has no where to store temp files before recording.

Also, what happened before this started? Any driver update? GeForce Experience updates?
not currently on my PC so will have to wait until tomorrow to try the temporary location thing, but the problem occurred when I changed to Windows 10, when I was on Windows 8.1 it was fine.

not currently on my PC so will have to wait until tomorrow to try the temporary location thing, but the problem occurred when I changed to Windows 10, when I was on Windows 8.1 it was fine.
It's highly unlikely to be related to windows 10. I have windows 10 and Shadowplay works just fine, as do many others. Have alook at the settings next time you're at the pc :)

Last edited by a moderator:
so I use shadow play to record and sometimes I get a red line through the record icon after I alt f10, have to turn shadow play off and on again to make it work again. wondering if there's any perm fixes? I use Windows 10 btw.
virus

Also, have you tried the new geforce experience beta? Could just be coincidence but I haven't had any errors since trying it.

both were on same drive :/

only have 1 hard drive and 1 ssd so can only store on my 1st hard drive :/
ok no worries. Is GeForce experience up to date, and how much space is free on your drive?

I'm also very, very late to this, was assuming it would be a simple fix so didn't look at it properly until now xD

Quick question - You say it stops working after you alt + F10. Does the recording actually save and can be played back after you alt F10? Was thinking it could be possible that it gets into an infinite writing bug and doesn't actually finish the recording for the file.

Back