What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Un-ban Appeal - Ant Arni - 04/17/2017 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant

Genius, Entrepreneur, Playboy, Philanthropist, Bil
Unlinked
In-game Name
[TCK] Ant Arni

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
04/17/2017

Member of the team that banned you.
Masis

Reason given for your ban.
Breaking rule 3.5

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
When filing a report against a few other members of the community for metagaming me, I spoke to my friend over teamspeak without repeating said words in-game, which breached rule 3.5 and earned me my ban. Said report can be found here: https://www.roleplay.co.uk/topic/85202-report-a-player-tmclacostacobra-tmchamtponhawk-medic-other/

Why should we unban you ?
Although I initially disagreed with the ban, and went to go speak to Masis about it as I did not feel that anything I said over teamspeak that was not also said in-game had the possibility to effect anything in-game ('tactical information' if you will). Although everything said over teamspeak was 'out of roleplay' this information could have still been used to my friends advantage, such as when I keychain the two players in order to find their names so as to contact them later, my colleague may have been able to use their names to find out how many more of them were online etc.

The rule I broke is: (3.5) Restraining & Zipties - If you have been restrained or detained, you must broadcast your communications through direct chat until your radio has been removed from you in roleplay. At this point, you are no longer able to use any communication to contact your friends or gang members, This includes: group chat/teamspeak/skype or any other way of communication.

At the time I felt that anything I said over teamspeak was out of roleplay and didn't feel it would advance the situation into our favour, but in the future I will refrain from doing so regardless and leave even such things until when the situation is over and I can freely speak over whichever communicational alleys I have access to without being at risk of breaking server rules. I think it is clear to whoever is reviewing this appeal that none of what I said was intended to be malicious, and I am by no means known as a rule-breaker or an idiot who would risk so much for so little.

With this being my first ban and being in the community for a year, I hope this shows how I at all times try to follow the rules just as anybody else would to the fullest of my ability, however at the time I was unaware of how what I was saying could be used against my captors, thus being against rule 3.5, however this is clear to me now.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
I was disappointed when I heard about this one. It's a silly thing to get your first ban for after nearly a year isn't it?

You have failed to mention that you also sent patchwork a text while restrained. I can see how you saying something "out of character" over TS could be forgivable but it appears sloppy if nothing else. On the other hand, how did you send that text in roleplay? I therefore disagree with your assertion that you didn't intend to have any in-character impact with what you did.

Can you please explain yourself?

I was disappointed when I heard about this one. It's a silly thing to get your first ban for after nearly a year isn't it?

You have failed to mention that you also sent patchwork a text while restrained. I can see how you saying something "out of character" over TS could be forgivable but it appears sloppy if nothing else. On the other hand, how did you send that text in roleplay? I therefore disagree with your assertion that you didn't intend to have any in-character impact with what you did.

Can you please explain yourself?
I am more than disappointed myself. As none of my communications had been taken, I assumed it was ok for me to text him as I admit that I have done this in past situations (in my younger days at RPUK) as well and faced no repercussions (such as texting the police etc. when in restraints) and thus always assumed it was ok to do so. Obviously looking back at it now that is a terrible excuse as there is no way in hell you can send a text message when your hands are not only behind you, but also restrained. Being here for a year it's perfectly acceptable to assume that something like that would seem obvious to me, but as previously said I have done this before pretty obviously (even telling people after) and have not been questioned about it.

If I was ever allowed to return, the only communication that would be done when my communications were not taken from me would be done through teamspeak and direct chat, as it is otherwise not possible.

Edit: If I had known this was against the rules I would have tried to describe my location in roleplay through teamspeak and direct chat, which although may have been relatively difficult to do it would have still been possible. The reason this was not originally mentioned was because I went to speak to Masis about the ban after it was actioned in order to get a brief explanation and this was not one of the reasons he mentioned it was actioned, and me not realising it was a rule break did not decide to mention it in the dispute.

Last edited by a moderator:
We all make mistakes, heck I have made a fair few while being with RPUK.

You owned up and apologized for your actions - Something we respect. Since this is your first ban since being part of RPUK and you have not caused trouble in the past I dont see a reason for us not to unban you. 

Before i action this appeal i would just like you to confirm that you now have a full understanding of the rule you broke?

We all make mistakes, heck I have made a fair few while being with RPUK.

You owned up and apologized for your actions - Something we respect. Since this is your first ban since being part of RPUK and you have not caused trouble in the past I dont see a reason for us not to unban you. 

Before i action this appeal i would just like you to confirm that you now have a full understanding of the rule you broke?
I fully understand the rule I broke, and I appreciate the fact that you understand that I am not a common trouble maker and this a mistake that I made that I was caught for and rightfully banned for.

Just to quote the rule again, (3.5) Restraining & Zipties - If you have been restrained or detained, you must broadcast your communications through direct chat until your radio has been removed from you in roleplay. At this point, you are no longer able to use any communication to contact your friends or gang members, This includes: group chat/teamspeak/skype or any other way of communication.

What this means is that when I am in restraints, I can not text anyone regardless of whether they have taken my communications or not. In addition to that, I can not speak over teamspeak without hotmicing in-game, even if I need to say something out-of-roleplay (unless it is extremely urgent, which of course is very situatational) it is always best to leave that until after the situation is over so as not to accidently let some information slip which could effect in-game happenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back