What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Can you spike cars that are not moving?

Danish

Roleplayer of The Month till 2020
Investor
Lifetime Donator
Donator
I've asked Police officers, if you're allowed to spike cars, that are not moving. Some of them say yes, while others say it's fail rp, since you wouldn't be able to do that in real life. What is the correct answer?

No, because you need to drive over spikes for them to work, so if they aren't driving over them their tires aren't gonna get shreded. 

No, because you need to drive over spikes for them to work, so if they aren't driving over them their tires aren't gonna get shreded. 
So if you spike a car that's not moving, then it's fail rp?

I'd say if you do that it would be failrp yeah. Since in real life you can throw spikes in front of a car while it's not moving but it won't do anything. but bcause of arma it will break their tires. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of these unwritten rules...

I have always spiked stationary vehicles, if the mechanic is there play to it.

There is no rule against it.

Think of it in RL. You place a spike strip next to a stationary car, what would happen? Answer=nothing.

Spike strips have a script that can't mimic RL in terms of motion, using them to take out tires of stationary vehicles is using mechanics to do something that wouldn't happen.

Don't do it! Simples. 

There is mate, it's called the common sense rule.

Don't do it! Simples. 

There is mate, it's called the common sense rule.
Why has it never been a problem until now then? Irl you can easily place a spike strip infront of a vehicle to stop it driving off but doing this on the server will not work.

This common sense rule applies to things like "do not swear at people (out of roleplay), troll people, or bully people". It may seem extremely obvious to you that you cannot spike strip a moving vehicle (this also applies to the unwritten rule "knocking out with gun pointed at you") but a new CSO may roleplay this as placing it infront of a vehicle or it may not even cross their mind that they cannot do it.

Everyone thinks differently and in this situation 'common sense' isn't the same in everyone - not very common.

Last edited by a moderator:

The thing with this is if you drive backwards irl then you won't be spiked. But due to arma mechanics when you step in the vehicle you will be spiked which is bullshit.

Why has it never been a problem until now then? Irl you can easily place a spike strip infront of a vehicle to stop it driving off but doing this on the server will not work.

I don't mean placing spikes near a stopped vehicle to prevent it from escaping, that's fine. I'm talking about placing spikes close enough to a stationary car in order to blow the tires out whilst it's still stationary.

Can't recall if it was a police, staff or community meeting, but it was discussed recently and deemed a no no. 

Let me ask you how a stationary vehicle loses it's tires by you placing a spike strip near it then? It's shit RP doing it and cops do it a hell of a lot.

Just because there is no rule doesn't mean you should just do it anyways

Back