What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Help, I know nothing!

Louie Austino

Supreme Tea Addict and Perfectionist
Well, I've had my Pre-built PC for just over a year and i had no idea what my specs were, Nothing! so this afternoon i took it apart slowly and carefully and managed to find out a few things, such as my Processor (the thing with its own cooling system?) which is an AMD A10-7800. Now bearing in mind i have absolutely no idea what each bit does I've come into and issue. Recently when playing Arma 3 it randomly crashes. So is this something to do with said processor or something else? If so please advise me what would be a good one to get withing a lowish budget.

Thanks in Advance

Louie Austino

Does arma come up saying anything when it crashes?

What sort of temps is it reaching when it crashes?

What version of windows are you on?

Have you had any issues like this on any other game before?

Does arma come up saying anything when it crashes?

What sort of temps is it reaching when it crashes?

What version of windows are you on?

Have you had any issues like this on any other game before?
Nope Both monitors go black then I'm reverted back to the launcher.

No idea on temp but next time I'm on Arma ill keep it open to find out.

Windows 10

Nope, Only Arma

Thanks

Link me to your exact PC.

My predetermined guess is that you are using an APU (accelerated processing unit) which is mainly used in laptops. APUS have a hard time running games that are new, I had an AMD A8 6600k I could run arma 2 at 25 fps.

Also the fact that it's AMD is bad, arma games don't like AMD processors as the single core performance is really weak meaning games crashes, major fps drops and big micro stutters.

If you are using the integrated GPU on the processor then it is even worse due to having the utilise Cpu power and IGPU power at the same time. 

In simple terms your PC may not be strong enough to Run arma 3 I suggest buying a new processor or PC. 

Oh also if you have previously played arma 3 fine then it could be issues such as Bad ram, CPU could be dying, could be over heating etc, I took it as you just bought arma 

It could also be nothing to do with the hardware and be a software issue, dxigi errors usually relate to overlays such as steam overlay, overwolf etc.

If getting those you can disable the overlays.

As for a cheap replacement cup if you really wanted one you would need to look up the socket for your current cup and get one that's the same socket.

I'm away on first aid training so I don't have any links handy

Back