What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Standard of RP

I've been on the servers for a few months now. I was really impressed with the level of roleplay i've experienced.

Having been the previous mayor I've met loads of people, been taken hostage, chucked off buildings, killed, and it's all been fun as there has been a story behind whats going on, and a point to it.

However, last night i experienced some poor RP. I was press, got taken hostage, and executed. The whole backstory was that "We really don't like press" so we're gonna kill you (on a server with no police or NHS so the situation can't really go anywhere)

This isn't a butt hurt post, I don't mind things like that happening, they can lead to some really fun hardcore RP! What would be great though is if they could have put a bit more thought into the situation and made it a fun interaction for everyone.

I'm not naming names, I'm not looking to discuss the situation with the people involved, and I'm not holding any bad will towards those players, thats not the point of this post. 

What would be nice is people remembering that when taking someone hostage then they are restrained and unable to do anything for potentially quite some time. Everyone is on here to have fun, so engage and interact in some real roleplay with backstory and thought (ie, "I really hate the press because of XYZ") and then have some situational interaction! Otherwise the experience can become kinda boring for the hostage. I know people like different levels of RP, but this is a hardcore RP server, so lets keep it as RP as we can people! :)

By keeping the standard or RP high we can ensure that everyone is having a fun time, and lets face it, we're all here for fun at the end of the day! :)

Again, I'm not having a go at the players involved as I've met a couple of them before and they are decent guys, just asking for a bit more thought.

Take it easy everyone, see you on the island soon! let me know if you have any news worth reporting!

Certain people aren't on this server for true enjoyable role-play and it gets kind of annoying. Between "Put your hands up 54321" and kidnappers who stay silent only to kill you certain situations can become boring.

I do enjoy the fun and random roleplay moments around the island and try to contribute as best I can. It does get on my nerves when people cheese their way out of kidnappings I had planed out to be fun for both of us as they just expect to be killed for no reason and I am worried that poor roleplay will become the norm on the island with people performing robberies with nothing different or interesting just a gun saying "54321".

I hope that roleplay can improve around the island but it is up to the players who want it. We need to be creating great roleplays that inspire newer players and players who have been performing boring tasks to maybe even favour the experience over the money that could be received in that time.

I agre, a few days ago I was helping a dude who crashed into me giving him so medical attention fixing his car and waiting for an ambulance, when a hobo n two rebels pulled told me to put my hands on my head, told me I was a hostage, stole 49000 of me ziptied me put me in a car and nothing no communication for at least ten min, other then when we arrived at a gas station I was told to stand at the window and drop my bag (which they stole) and while they were robbing they made no effort to rp with me even tho I was with them, they messed up the robbery so they let me go and drove off, I logged off the server after cause not only did they interrupt my RP with a corpse but gave me no rp in response, that's one example, I think it just depends on the time of day you come on the server

I agre, a few days ago I was helping a dude who crashed into me giving him so medical attention fixing his car and waiting for an ambulance, when a hobo n two rebels pulled told me to put my hands on my head, told me I was a hostage, stole 49000 of me ziptied me put me in a car and nothing no communication for at least ten min, other then when we arrived at a gas station I was told to stand at the window and drop my bag (which they stole) and while they were robbing they made no effort to rp with me even tho I was with them, they messed up the robbery so they let me go and drove off, I logged off the server after cause not only did they interrupt my RP with a corpse but gave me no rp in response, that's one example, I think it just depends on the time of day you come on the server
i was not involved in this so i dont know the whole story, but when this happens to me i would just rp with them instead.

even if they ignore you, just keep on talking.

and if they than say shut up or you are dead then take it. if they feel like they can take a hostage and not talk ti him at all then have a chat with them ob ts with staff present.

you shouldnt judge the server by shits like those.

and if you are looking for rp and rp only, try out the NHS.

i was not involved in this so i dont know the whole story, but when this happens to me i would just rp with them instead.

even if they ignore you, just keep on talking.

and if they than say shut up or you are dead then take it. if they feel like they can take a hostage and not talk ti him at all then have a chat with them ob ts with staff present.

you shouldnt judge the server by shits like those.

and if you are looking for rp and rp only, try out the NHS.
oh don't worry I don't judge based on idiots lol, I tried to rp with them the whole journey to the gas station, even at said gas station but I get nothing back, yer its frustrating but not the end of the world I think they got banned for fail rp anyway. I have been thinking bout NHS, tho my graphics card is a bit screwed atm so waiting for a replacement :)

Back