What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Help me pls

Ok....... I’ll re install windows and see what happens from that if that dose t work I’ll get a new hard drive

Try booting in safe mode if you can get that far

Dont forget you’ll want to format the drive if you’re going for a full system wipe

Oh god the replies. I can't even.

Ok, assuming this is Windows 10. First off, if you have the installation media or can create installation media you have the option of trying a repair before going for a full wipe / reinstall.

Alternatively, you can boot into a live OS installed on a USB or other media to copy out any important files to a USB device before formatting if you choose to go down that route.

Finally, I highly doubt you have a failing drive simply due to the fact this happened during a Windows update.

Please let me know if you need any further explanation or assistance with any of this.

- Marc

Oh god the replies. I can't even.

Ok, assuming this is Windows 10. First off, if you have the installation media or can create installation media you have the option of trying a repair before going for a full wipe / reinstall.

Alternatively, you can boot into a live OS installed on a USB or other media to copy out any important files to a USB device before formatting if you choose to go down that route.

Finally, I highly doubt you have a failing drive simply due to the fact this happened during a Windows update.

Please let me know if you need any further explanation or assistance with any of this.

- Marc
I have had this problem my self and it turned out that my hardrive was corrupt :'/ Even tho @INS Freddie i would listen do mister marc as i have a prebuild XD

I have had this problem my self and it turned out that my hardrive was corrupt :'/ Even tho @INS Freddie i would listen do mister marc as i have a prebuild XD
Yeah not saying it's impossible, just generally unlikely. A quick S.M.A.R.T check should determine if this is likely to be drive failure.

If this is just a corrupt update (which I suspect), it's likely that it can be fixed with some recovery media.

- Marc

Thanks for the help everyone.. proabaly going to get a new copy of windows 10 tommorw and reinstall it :D

If your PC turned off mid-update windows would have become corrupt. You might be able to reinstall without wipe but sadly I doubt it. There are some programs you can use to fetch some data. But it depends on how bad it is.

Back