What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

£20 for ALS for best Ice Bucket Challenge

PorkChop

Banned for False accusations
I'll donate £20 to ALS for the best ice bucket challenge in this community, what you waiting for? 

I'll donate an extra £10  if Wilco does it in his cheap suit ;)

oh btw make sure you announce 'alitslife.co.uk' 

Sorry Porkchop, this is in no way a personal reaction against you =P But...

When you accept PorkChops challenge, please read this first:

We waste so much water on our daily showers, our laundry machines etc. and this whole challenge, which is ofcourse for a good cause, is a bad way of raising awareness. One of the most underlighted good causes is the shortage of clean drinking water. People die everyday because of a lack of 0.5 litres of water, and in my country a whole Professional Football team from the top league, PSV Eindhoven, saw fit to call the firefighters to help them out with their challenge. 24.000 litres of water gone and wasted. Such a sad signal to send from people in a position that people look up to =)

Now I nominate the whole Altis Life community to donate some money to ALS research. And then, do a nice idiotic video of you throwing a bin of water from a lake, canal, river, sewer or whatever over your own heads =D As long as you're not wasting water that you or other could have drunk!

And Wilco, if you do this with that ''cheap suit'' I will double my original donation to the Dutch ALS research from 5 to 10 euro's (I am poor, and I know it's not a lot, but if we all chip in these little bits will become mountains =))

Last edited by a moderator:
Khandamir, ill take that challenge, but first when i have some freetime :p

Sorry Porkchop, this is in no way a personal reaction against you =P But...

When you accept PorkChops challenge, please read this first:

We waste so much water on our daily showers, our laundry machines etc. and this whole challenge, which is ofcourse for a good cause, is a bad way of raising awareness. One of the most underlighted good causes is the shortage of clean drinking water. People die everyday because of a lack of 0.5 litres of water, and in my country a whole Professional Football team from the top league, PSV Eindhoven, saw fit to call the firefighters to help them out with their challenge. 24.000 litres of water gone and wasted. Such a sad signal to send from people in a position that people look up to =)

Now I nominate the whole Altis Life community to donate some money to ALS research. And then, do a nice idiotic video of you throwing a bin of water from a lake, canal, river, sewer or whatever over your own heads =D As long as you're not wasting water that you or other could have drunk!

And Wilco, if you do this with that ''cheap suit'' I will double my original donation to the Dutch ALS research from 5 to 10 euro's (I am poor, and I know it's not a lot, but if we all chip in these little bits will become mountains =))
Yeah, not wasting water in Europe will help those africans so much

It won't directly help them at all. It is about the signal you're sending. You are supporting a good cause by wasting water, whilst NOT wasting water in itself is a good cause as well. Some people always seem to think actions only have direct consequences and if the don't, it's not worth the trouble of the actions. I disagree on that, small things, even things like this which only send a signal, can change the way people think. And to change the world, one needs to start by changing the way people think. Call me a hippie, I don't care. I believe we all have the power to make the world a little bit better and that a whole lot of little bits add together to become a force of change that cannot be stopped =)

And to make it more direct, how about this nomination:

I nominate every lost soul who actually wasted a shitload of good water for this, to contact the Clean Water Initiative and ask them how they can donate some money for one of their projects =)

Dude who cares about wasting water ? Honestly... If I lived in africa, then yeah I would, but I don't...

I spent 2 mins less in the shower on the day I did mine. Does that count?

Dude who cares about wasting water ? Honestly... If I lived in africa, then yeah I would, but I don't...
This is the most ignorant statement I've read in quite some time. I'd like for you to repeat what you've just said after you've experienced your family members slowly killed off one by one due to a lack of water.

Back