What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

1.2 Within Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aethon

Hey!

I was wondering how far rule 1.2 extends, and whether discrimination is acceptable within roleplay. Say a group was called the ‘crips’, would they be allowed to be hostile towards players with Caucasian skin tones? Would a group of racist meth heads be allowed to be racist?

Obviously if it extends outside of the game it’s an issue, but I don’t want to risk anything that could get me banned. I’d really appreciate clarification on this.

Cheers 

There are plenty of things to roleplay... Roleplaying discrimination towards people with caucasian skin tones isn't really in good taste, is it?

So yes somewhere down the line you might just get 1.2 banned for that.

Alright, I’ll stay away from that then. Seems a shame since it’s slightly unrealistic, but it might not be worth the trouble it causes to allow that kind of RP.

Alright, I’ll stay away from that then. Seems a shame since it’s slightly unrealistic, but it might not be worth the trouble it causes to allow that kind of RP.
Well you could say it's unrealistic that a "mass murderer" can't just shoot up an event but then that would take away the fun from playing on a ROLEPLAY server as would discriminating against someone, whether that be in game or not.

True, but mass murderer RP isn’t really RP, it’s just RDM. Discrimination happens on a daily basis irl, and involves engaging with other players. But I can see your point, just because it happens irl doesn’t make it work on an RP server.

Discrimination happens on a daily basis irl
Doesn't mean we need to emulate what is wrong with society here in a place people come to chill, unwind and be creative

Its just negative and i am sure you can think of something a lot more engaging and fun to take part in.

Definitely, I can see how it could spoil someone’s enjoyment of the game, and I guess you can be somewhat hostile in your RP without resorting to discrimination. Thanks for being helpful

Doesn't mean we need to emulate what is wrong with society here in a place people come to chill, unwind and be creative

Its just negative and i am sure you can think of something a lot more engaging and fun to take part in.
This is the best answer ever !!!!

If discrimination happens on a daily basis why would we implement this factor into RPUK? We don’t want members logging onto the server after a long day just to feel like shit because he’s been discriminated against, that rule is in place to keep our members safe and to make sure you have a pleasant stay on our servers. 

A million and one ways to insult someone without resorting to using crass language.My personal favorite at the moment is "infinitesimal techno weenie" 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back