What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

1080p Screen or4k?

I've just restarted playing Grand Theft Auto in 4K and it is sexy as fuck. 

@lionel @Unlucky George

I know George does stuff with 4k, Lionel might have a tech insight
I wear glasses, and would struggle to differentiate between 1080 and 4k on a 22" monitor. Same way why I believe 1080 is not needed on a 5" phone screen. 

Yes it's a nice bragging right and an amazing advance in technology, if your young and have 20/20 vision you may see (no pun intended) an improvement this will vary from person to person, but the cost to quality ratio I think is excessive, your money could be spent better elsewhere on upgrades. If you happy with your current setup though and it can easily handle the 4k upgrade (This is a major consideration as this will massively affect your upgrade cycle), sure go for it but its a bit like buying Nike trainers to run faster ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Im Wearing Glasses and well i hope i will see the fetures in 4k well cna you give me some review on the monitor? @lionel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UPVXDA8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8 ?
In all all honesty no. I have not seen that one in real life, I would suggest if going down this route and the costs involved, you actually go to a store and view one in real life. Ask for a proper demonstration of the device with games that you are accustomed to. You don't necessarily have to purchase from that individual store, but it is considered good manners.
 This is not a decision you should base off what some dude on the internet thinks, go make your own informed choice :)

Well Im Wearing Glasses and well i hope i will see the fetures in 4k well cna you give me some review on the monitor? @lionel

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UPVXDA8/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8 ?
Thats not a 4K monitor.. Thats 1440p. I am not sure what speccs your pc has, but if you want a 4K screen you better have a beast GPU if you want to aim for 60 fps, As an example, the GTX 1080 gets 33 fps avg on GTA V in 4K.

Ive got a 1440p myself(ASUS ROG PG278Q), and its like, once you get it you wont go back... And the 1440p is also in the sweetspot between 1080p and 4k as it gives you crisp image without requring a allot from your GPU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats not a 4K monitor.. Thats 1440p. I am not sure what speccs your pc has, but if you want a 4K screen you better have a beast GPU if you want to aim for 60 fps, As an example, the GTX 1080 gets 33 fps avg on GTA V in 4K.

Ive got a 1440p myself(ASUS ROG PG278Q), and its like, once you get it you wont go back... And the 1440p is also in the sweetspot between 1080p and 4k as it gives you crisp image without requring a allot from your GPU.
My GTX 1080 gets a solid 60 except in the desert where I get between 55 and 60. 

I got one question, what are your main focus going to be when you buy a monitor?

Hm, all of the benchmarks a saw had sub 60, but if you have around that im not going to say it cant handle it :p. Id say 1080 is the minimum for 4k tho, as newer games is going to require more. 

Well, what are you going to use your PC for, if you are buying a 4k screen you wont be able to have 144hz which could be game changing depending on what games you play!

If i could choose between an 4k 60hz or a 1080 144hz with 1 ms respond time i would probably choose the  1080 144hz with 1 ms respond time because of the games i play.

Back