What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

2 RAM Slots Not Working

Joe

Democracy Is Overrated
Unlinked
Recently I installed a water cooling heat sink to my CPU, it was going fine, but when I tried to boot my computer it just kept restarting and restarting. I took both 1 and 2 slot ram sticks out and the computer booted fine, I then tested if it was just those two ram sticks, but after moving ram sticks around it is the two ram slots. Is there any explanation for this, as I don't wanna have to buy another £130 motherboard for no reason.

RAM I have is corsair vengeance 4x4gb DDR3

CPU water cooler cooler master seidon 120v

motherboard: msi gaming 5 z97

Any help with be greatly appreciated. 

Recently I installed a water cooling heat sink to my CPU, it was going fine, but when I tried to boot my computer it just kept restarting and restarting. I took both 1 and 2 slot ram sticks out and the computer booted fine, I then tested if it was just those two ram sticks, but after moving ram sticks around it is the two ram slots. Is there any explanation for this, as I don't wanna have to buy another £130 motherboard for no reason.

RAM I have is corsair vengeance 4x4gb DDR3

CPU water cooler cooler master seidon 120v

motherboard: msi gaming 5 z97

Any help with be greatly appreciated. 
so on your mobo the slots will be numbered like Slot_A, Slot_B, Slot_C, Slot_D or something like that. Your memory should be configured like following: Fill Slot A+C, then Slot B + D. Try two sticks in A+C first, boot up into the bios and confirm the mobo detects the memory. Then try Slots B+D with the same 2 sticks and again check the bios - if you see it both times then both the slots are good and the memory is good, repeat this process for the OTHER 2 sticks, in slots A+C then B+D. check each time the memory is detected correctly. If it is, then none of the sticks are bad and none of the slots are bad, try adding 1 of the other sticks in, boot up into bios and check memory, if all seems good and you have ~12GB of ram, add the next stick, repeat - do you have 16GB shown then?

Make sure the memory is seated correctly by pushing it firmly into the slot until the locking latch clicks. Depending on your motherboards, you may have 1 or 2 latches per slot.

Back