What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A chat similiar to local chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makenzie

Unlinked
Brief Summary: A chat similiar to local chat

Detailed Suggestion: My suggestion is to add a chat similar to what is used on Altis and othe Five M servers this is to combat the use of /me in non RP situation (e.g. letting someone know you have to go etc.) as using /me in a non RP situation is against the rules, so it could prevent unnecessary bans.

The Pros: Alternative to /me that can be used, less rule breaks from /me

The Cons: Could be abused but this should be easy to prevent/report

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ? no

Are you suggesting OOC chat or an alternate /me type thing that is desgnated for ooc shit?

Hello everyone.

As you guys all know im on the server quite a lot.

in my time playing i noticed a that a lot of players dont know basic controls, this then causes what i like to call the "use your ..... Muscle" mentallity.

in My eyes telling someone to flex there caps muscle would be the exact same as telling someone to press caps.

now i fully understand that there is no easy out of character way to tell someone what to press and therefore i would like to introduce the next.

/Looc : this would be the exact same as the current /OOC command however this would be a proximity OOC chat like we had in arma with direct chat.

this could then be used for players to help others with controls without spamming the chat for everyone.

/GOOC : this would that be Global OOC replacing the already existant /OOC command

Long story short i would like top get rid of the "use your caps muscle" mentallity on the server by introducing local ooc chat.

Just curious here, as I'm in the same boat with that phrase, failing the implementation of said suggestion; does anyone have any replacement suggestion for the phrase?
I can see it being a wonky thing to do, having an entire text chat to avoid hearing a 4 word phrase, and then somehow having people actually do it
Even though I agree, seems like a bit of a cumbersome solution

Just curious here, as I'm in the same boat with that phrase, failing the implementation of said suggestion; does anyone have any replacement suggestion for the phrase?
I can see it being a wonky thing to do, having an entire text chat to avoid hearing a 4 word phrase, and then somehow having people actually do it
Even though I agree, seems like a bit of a cumbersome solution
I think anyway you go about trying to voice it - you're gonna sound odd, as you're directing someone on an out of character matter.

I suspect with an alternative to what is done now, the phrase would be clamped down on by staff.

I think anyway you go about trying to voice it - you're gonna sound odd, as you're directing someone on an out of character matter.

I suspect with an alternative to what is done now, the phrase would be clamped down on by staff.
My worry is that, if the phrase gets clamped down on (ie "outlawed") and being required to write it out in a chat, many people would just not respond. That may just be me seeing the worst in people though 😜

I used to cringe when it came to talk about flexing muscles, so can understand the angle. Over time I've gotten better with it though. 😅

I'm not sure which I prefer. Muscle terminology over voice feels a bit more fluid. You can fit it into role-play quite well and without much disruption to immersion, for example a police officer saying while in motion "Sir this is your last warning, flex that X muscle of yours to get those hands in the air". This compared to a character freezing solid in silence to ask a question or type an answer, then waiting for a follow-up.

I'm not against it, I just probably wouldn't use it as much as others.

In terms of controls knowledge in general, some kind of in-game reference to controls geared towards new joiners may help, or more content on the wiki focused on it. I know when I first joined it felt a little like guess-work trying to figure out how certain interactions work. I think there's an argument for "find out in role-play" for some things, but controls not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to cringe when it came to talk about flexing muscles, so can understand the angle. Over time I've gotten better with it though. 😅

I'm not sure which I prefer. Muscle terminology over voice feels a bit more fluid. You can fit it into role-play quite well and without much disruption to immersion, for example a police officer saying while in motion "Sir this is your last warning, flex that X muscle of yours to get those hands in the air". This compared to a character freezing solid in silence to ask a question or type an answer, then waiting for a follow-up.

I'm not against it, I just probably wouldn't use it as much as others.

In terms of controls knowledge in general, some kind of in-game reference to controls geared towards new joiners may help, or more content on the wiki focused on it. I know when I first joined it felt a little like guess-work trying to figure out how certain interactions work. I think there's an argument for "find out in role-play" for some things, but controls not so much.
Worth remembering as well that many controls aren't really specified in the wiki (such as for example "how do you put your glasses back on")
Or just the way that sometimes you just need a reminder, so you'd have two options
A) "Flex your <button> muscle"
B) "Open your pda, go into the controls menu, read that...I'll wait for 5 minutes while you read through that"
C) "Sec, I'll just write instructions in chat that will then disappear in 5 seconds, forcing you to stop what you're doing, read the message again, and then finally try again"

As much as I dislike the term "flex your muscle", it's by far the most efficient solution to a problem not really solveable in RP, since we normally don't have to remind people on how to put their glasses on.

Implemented /looc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back