What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A Chop Shop.

Chubbers

I have seen and helped set up a few Chop Shops. Every time they are doing well and its fun rp for all. They never last due to people having to grind cash to then pay for the RP which over time is draining and not fun for Chop Shop staff. Every time one does pop up the city reacts well to the rp and the fun hunting the cars.  This city needs to add more stuff for people do for jobs that gives better RP interactions. 

How it would work is that the Staff can put up a list of cars on a billboard which then players can go and find. Once the staff gets the car they put it into the shop and third eye it and scrap. it should be a simple animation bar like repairing a car but with the welder animation. once the bar fills up the car disappears and a amount of cash is given to the staff member with some mats like 3 iron or some steel. Then the staff member rp's the value of the car so they keep some of the cash.  They can keep the mats and sell to gangs or just give them to the person. 

Pros - More RP, its a simple set up, give crims and racers more to do, contracts with gangs and businesses about the scrap metals. Player driven, fun police rp, Player driven

Cons - some coding and set up. player driven, Build up of cars at a location,   

Last edited by a moderator:
Would these be player owned vehicles or would it be like an illegal version of NPC mechanic jobs that may or may not be driving around. If they're player owned vehicles is the idea for the car to be removed from the owner completely or would it be covered by insurance?

They would be NPC vehicles for now to keep it simple. Maybe once its all set up players could get their cars stolen and cut up and once that happens they cant get it back until next storm. 

That would be pretty cool alternative illegal job rather then just selling drugs, possibly require chop shop staff to mark NPC cars similar to the police marking for impound adding some risk for them too. +1

I think this could be good for an illegal job. It could be that the car will ping on the ANPR and speed cameras for police. That way people will have to try and get the vehicles from the pick up to the chop shop while dodging cameras. It would also be good RP if crims could steal each others cars to chop (the job cars I mean not each others personal vehicles). All round a cool idea. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to offer a thought on this because I too think its a great idea.

Ive played one other rp server before this and not for long but on feature they had was a place to take stolen cars to. The car was driven to the spot (from memory it was the junk yard in south LS) and turned it in. It flagged the police to the area I believe so you had to be either quick or very careful. At the end of it the player who turned in the car earned some money.

In using that as the basis for the following suggestion, the chop shop could be automated to accept cars from what ever source for delivery. The value of each car could be set at a certain price dependent on class and after a period of time (like any other process) the car is effectively scrapped and the player gets paid. Similar to how the impound/mechanic works currently.

This should absolutely work for player cars too. If the car is modded as its a player car then naturally the value should be higher than just a civ car. Also a potential cooldown should be in place to stop people grinding and stealing cars 24/7 to avoid overbalancing the economy. maybe a hard limit of sales per person per reset period?

In order to stop anyone permanently losing a car, if stolen and not recovered, the player whos car was stolen and "scrapped" is returned to the impound lot under the insurance tab.

Not sure if it should automatically generate a ping for the police to come and investigate that a car is actively being scrapped but I leave that with the community to debate.

Also there would need to be some kind of measure in place to stop people scrapping their own or their friends cars each storm to earn quick cash. The downside to the above is that this could be manipulated by some wanting quick easy money so perhaps it does need to ping the cops and let them have the time to get to the situation. If that were so, to safeguard abuse, I'd like to throw up the suggestion that if caught scrapping their own car, the crime committed be classed as insurance fraud and carry a significant risk to the player of losing that car permanently. An inbuilt deterrent so to speak. Again id like to throw that out to the community to discuss further.

Id love to see car thief become a valid role (albeit not a main job naturally) and would only enhance the server in my eyes.

Another idea to follow on from what Chubbers said is the idea of stealing a specific list of cars as a quota for the shop. This reminds me of "gone in 60 seconds" and would be an amazing way to get new players and groups to interact with each other. If a collective list was posted which had a set bonus payout for each car collected and a prize for collecting them all to be shared out amongst all players who returned a car this would entice people to work together and actively go out lookin for the cars on the list. Kinda like a group quest in other games.

Back