What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A history of video gaming from the 80's to now.

Thesoldier

Banned
So earlier today talking with Wilco and a few of the guys in TS, besides @TinyBigJackothere's a few of us here who are in our 30's to 40's. I was watching the live stream of Battlefield 1 and I've noticed a lot of people in the chat complaining about graphics, gameplay, replay-ability, etc...

The complaints got me to where I thought about my history of computer/console gaming, so I figured why not. Show you guys how things have evolved, and some of our struggles back in the 80's and 90's

When I was a child, I started on PC gaming as a educational tool when I was about 5 to 6 years old. I had a poor reading level, and was put into a special program of reading and speech therapy using home IBM PC tools

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SU-25 Sturmovik was a popular flight simulator. It was an authentic experience including a copy protection program where in order to play you had to have the manual. They would give you a phrase in Russian and you had to search the manual for the English translation. Oh this was also the almost end of the cold war, and this was an authentic flight simulator using semi-real stuff based off the Russian version of the A-10. The SU-25 was the primer ground attack/support aircraft used by the Soviet Union.

More to continue in Part 2: Windows 3.1!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back