What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A morbid topic...

Mclovininin

Unlinked
On my ride to the airport i was thinking about what happens to someone on the internet when they die. Someone like me or anyone else around here will be part of many different forums etc. Is there any procedure of somehow alerting everybody with their email or something similar. Or are the accounts just left as a "ghosts". 

ThanKs i guess? 

Mclovin

Left as ghosts until deleted then all of your online thoughts are gone forever in the dust.

UNless some weird is weird enough to keep that information lol.

I know there is a Danish person who started a company after his mother died, where he help people around world to close down all their social accounts online, facebook, twitter etc and he also helps with getting all the persons pictures saved either on a disc or in the cloud.

About forums like altislife i have no idea, but probably left as a ghost ;)

In the Netherlands you can visit Notary and make a Digital Will like you would make a normal Will. Basicly you give them all your social network account data and forums etc and after your death they will do as agreed upon with your digital life. Maybe a goodbye message, or just delete them all. Most of the times I had people close to me pass away recently, their parents or friends took care of their facebookpage, for example.

I thought i had a good unique company idea :(

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be quite easy to code a program that at a click of a button automatically sends a post to the forum + deactivates your account.

Ed

Back