What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A question for Altis Players

Why are you playing Altis instead of Tanoa?

• Total voters

Kaostic

I'm curious - why is it you are playing Altis supposed to Tanoa? Put a basic poll together, and welcome discussion on the topic.

I've added in some examples of why I think people may think Tanoa is not for them in the poll, but just want to make it clear that it's not necessarily the "truth" about Tanoa.

You can pick multiple answers - if other, please specify in a comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people won't go because they can't be a rebel as easy. They don't want to work hard for their money.

Most people won't go because they can't be a rebel as easy. They don't want to work hard for their money.
Let's not make assumptions about people. I'd rather hear it from the horses mouth rather than making assumptions.

Im not playing as on tanoa because its takes way to long as a civ and only do legal stuff (im a cop so)

And i dont play as a cop on tanoa because i rarely find any cops that says lets go on tanoa

And i wanna wait to be a cop until everything is stable and people have guns and hobos running around in Georgetown like in altis on altis you can do so much different stuff if you wanna talk with rebells and most likely be in gunfights you can do that if you wanna chill in kavala with hobos you can do that aswell

Should just add the option 'There is no one on at all' because I hear that is most people's excuse. even if that does make them part of the problem.

I play tanoa as a civ, not so much as a cop due to little illegal activity (at least in my experience), people dont seem to take risks as much, but hell, maybe thats the fault of us, no cops = little illegal profit. Its a cycle really

So basically the problem is lack of people on the island yeah? If so, why don't we try getting people on the island by arrange some spicy events for the civilians they can participate in (like the weekly UNMC gold transfer on Altis), I got some ideas:

• Meetup in the airpot and from there take a walk through the jungle to a certain point. (maybe there can be a guide on this tour?).
  • Do a simple "Happy Hour" of something, it could be anything!

When that is said I do appreciate all the hard work that has been put into Tanoa.

I'll say it here my personal opinion regarding Tanoa is that people that played it when it was first released had a very very bad experience, back when the grinding was ridiculously hard, and it's put them off playing again, with the attitude of "It was soo hard to play it for XXX reason, I'm not going back on there"

It causes a cycle, less people on, less people want to join, less people wanting to join, less things to do, less things to do, no iteration with other people, you get the picture. 

Tanoa is great, people need to give it a second chance, but sadly, Tanoa seems to have brought out the, I want it easy mode with people. 

Tanoa is awesome! But it is hard grinding up the levels! Also I personally dont like backpack level requirements.-500th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I've only just got going on Altis.

I'd happily move over to Tanoa if it was the same economy, or at least similar. I only get to play for a few hours a week, so progression of any sort looks to be very hard.

So according to votes, so far most think it takes too long to make money. Only the start is slow, once you are able to buy an offroad you can save up for a truck after doing a few copper runs. After doing a few copper runs in a truck or boxer truck, you'll have a tempest. In a tempest you can earn 25k per copper run. People just need to put the effort in, they are used to it being easy on Altis and won't give Tanoa a chance. 

Tanoa is easy, you just need to stick through the start. Also there's a lot of helpful people in Tanoa so if you see anyone, just ask if you can rent a larger vehicle from them. If it is me personally, I'll give you one of my boxer trucks for free to get you started off. Tanoa is much better than Altis, it just needs more people to come and have fun.

What's putting me off is the lack of use for boats right now and the lack of big capacity boats! This map needs boats.

Tbh the grind is not that bad.. the start can be abit slow but i think 80% of the server are willing to lend/rent out a big truck for you to get started.

me myself got to borrow a big truck at the start and it went pretty quick (this was before the buffed the prices and everything)

after 1-2 weeks of playing i reached lvl 64 and have 2 houses and a mohawk with 400k still in the bank. im saying this to make people realise the grind is not that bad, just put in some effort and it will go quick.

The map is so beautiful and i enjoy playing on tanoa much more then altis, just wished more people would give tanoa a chanse.

I would play tanoa for sure if there would be more players I don't like to roleplay with banana trees :D

I would play tanoa for sure if there would be more players I don't like to roleplay with banana trees :D
That's the thing, most people think like that but no one acts on it. There will only be more players if players actually join

Back