What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A shop for Clinton Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy

Staff Team
Staff Team
Los Santos Police Senior
Los Santos Police Trainer
Brief Summary:
I would like to have a manageable shop added to the Clinton Fuel business to further roleplay around events, jobs and even competition amongst the northern shops and businesses within the city. 

Detailed Suggestion:

The fuel station has been owned and maintained by "Sam Riley" for over a year now and she has always been dreaming of saving up enough money to one day have renovations done, and transform the currently unusable and barricaded building on the lot into a shop. 
She has now saved up a substantial amount of money and it would bring the RP around Clinton Fuel to a whole new level and make her RP story progress to the next step as a business owner. 

Although Clinton Ave does have a shop already, in RP it feels like "the little convenient store on the corner" while Clinton Fuel is already hosting events and bringing all sorts of people together. Not only would we like to sell the things that can be ordered in, but during events for the shop, there would be other, craftable things for sale too. 

We are frequently holding interviews for new people, when we have slots free and want to involve as much RP into owning this business as we possibly can. 

With the funds now available to "pay a firm" to make this possible, I have decided to give this suggestion a try. Obviously I am also aware that this addition might come with an adjusted contract with the COC and likely higher monthly rent as well, which would be no issue at all.

The Pros:

Another shop, meaning more job opportunities (Trucking, Employments, Fruit picking jobs ect.)
More opportunities for RP between the shop owners (Competition or Cooperation)
Loads of opportunities for even more events

The Cons:

Extensive Dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

To a degree in terms of more jobs and such, but that would be a positive change.

I am fully aware that this will take time, so thank you for having a look into making it possible in the first place! ❤️ 

+1 like you have said would enhance RP, bring more jobs, a new addition to the city and so much more.

I agree, this could open up many more RP scenarios as this is becoming quite a popular area already due to these weekly events being hosted +1 from me

I like. +1

(You could take tax for sellers as well since Coalition don't anymore 😉)

Last edited by a moderator:
Always get great RP from Sammy whenever I encounter her, I think with the dedication to Clinton fuel she has provided especially more from what I have seen over the past two months I think that she should have the option to pay for a nice extension for her fuel station into a 24/7. +1

Even though I like the idea of enhancing roleplay for Clinton, I personally feel like I have to downvote this, there is a shop seconds away and for everyone that shop is "Clintons shop", if you were to own the shop down the road i think you could easily do all this things you've stated above without the extensive dev work. I get this could be good to see as any new things in the city are, but I think there is more than enough shops/stores in the city and is just unnecessary dev work. -1

+1  I think this is a great idea due to the weekly events and such going on at Clinton would definitely bring more RP your way!! Wish yous the best in it!!

+1, the few times i have RP with you have been good  RP, so i think this would bring some good RP in too the city 

-1 for me to this suggestion.

There is a shop literally down the road. You would probably make his shop obsolete and ruin his RP. If you always dreamt to own a shop too. Save up and make the other guy an offer he can't refuse.

+1 

Why not, I've been enjoying the recent RP events from Clinton, really creating a nice atmosphere and that is not easy considering its a gas station at the end of the day so I do believe it would create more roleplay opportunities as the city expands with the current player base.

Considering you've kept it up for over a year now would be interesting to see what you come up with, I do like those ideas you have planned.

plus one from me. The "new" shop could easily sell other items different from the "original" clinton shop. 

Maybe it could even sell some "+1s" to all the geniuses who are down voting without the foresight to comment on why its a bad idea......

plus one from me. The "new" shop could easily sell other items different from the "original" clinton shop. 

Maybe it could even sell some "+1s" to all the geniuses who are down voting without the foresight to comment on why its a bad idea......
I'm 50/50 with this, i am all up for more shops/business being added in but with an opportunity for others to own them, like i myself would love to own a restaurant in the city but the chances are low, 

i do think it would be nice for others to say why they -1 the votes but i would imagine it comes down to many others wanting a place they could call their own, and most likely don't agree with someone who already owns a business to have it expanded with a shop that would make other shops in a way useless/undervalued, like the shop only a few doors down, some people may go to the fuel, top-up and pop down to the shop to get foods, having the shop added in to the fuel pretty much makes the other one obsolete, why go to 2 places when its all in 1, it would also open up an argument that any fuel station with no current shop could then ask for a shop this would then add no real reason to deny the other 11 fuel stations with no shop to have one added

as for selling items different from the other shop, it cant be denied but the city meta for shops making money is Smoothies, and its at a fuel station it will still end up selling 70-100% of what the other sells

like i mentioned I'm all up for more shops, just more shops that can be owned by others, less so on a business that will put others around it out of business

if your wondering what those other 11 places are i pinned them on a map clinton is already pinned 

fuel.png

i do think it would be nice for others to say why they -1 the votes but i would imagine it comes down to many others wanting a place they could call their own, and most likely don't agree with someone who already owns a business to have it expanded with a shop that would make other shops in a way useless/undervalued, like the shop only a few doors down, some people may go to the fuel, top-up and pop down to the shop to get foods, having the shop added in to the fuel pretty much makes the other one obsolete, why go to 2 places when its all in 1, it would also open up an argument that any fuel station with no current shop could then ask for a shop this would then add no real reason to deny the other 11 fuel stations with no shop to have one added
I really appreciate the proper response, thank you 🙂

When it comes to your points, wanting something and not putting the work in to get to that point should be no reason to envy someone else possibly getting it. Now, there might be 11 fuel stations without a shop attached, but there is also a major bunch of fuel stations that already have one included anyway so it is not like I would all of a sudden be having the greatest money making business in town. Furthermore, I have not seen one suggestion from anyone who owns a station without a shop, nor have I heard anyone in RP working towards that type of goal... Which again, can´t be blamed on me. When it comes to the shop down the road, when I became the owner of Clinton Fuel that shop was not stocked properly for many months, which was always a shame to see and helped spark the original storyline of my character. My character and the owner actually know each other as well and are both extremely capable of working together and making deals. That´s what it´s about after all, no? 

A lot of people seem to see owning a business as just another source of money, I see it as another opportunity to provide rp. How many of those fuel stations without a shop you have marked on your map, except for Clinton Fuel, had just 1 single event hosted within the last 6 months? Or had a ton of interviews to hire workers that are not their friends? I have not heard of a single one to be honest... There is the real reason to deny the other 11 fuel stations to have a shop added... Not only has there been consistent rp towards this for over 1 year, many events and much work to make this even realistic in rp, if this is accepted, I will also be making sure that a substantial amount of money will be "paid to the construction company" by my character. This right here is what she saved over 20 million for, this suggestion is not put up on a whim, it´s been in the making for as long as she has had this Fuel Station, which is her baby - with her mural on it. With 2 storages on it that she fought hard to obtain. It is her dream in rp to make the business bigger and she´s worked for it - hard. Although she has tried to purchase Clinton Shop in the very beginning, after everything that has happened, it would make no sense for her story to sell Clinton Fuel and I do not at all agree with someone owning multiple unconnected businesses, for some of the reasons you have mentioned as well...

Now, I have had another thought and a long conversation with someone involved in the process, if this will be accepted, and the idea now is to have a pawn shop added instead of a convenient store. I don´t plan on selling food in there that has a short shelf life, so that would nullify the concerns of ruining the business down the road, I believe. 
But at the end of the day, competition is normal and real. Either there is an agreement made, which adds rp, or there is fights, which also adds to rp. Either one business ends up bankrupt or both do or both thrive together, but at the end of the day it would add jobs and roleplay. 

At the end of the day, it will be down to whether or not the Dev team thinks either one of those ideas are any good and decide if they want to put that "unnecessary" (as someone has called it quite rudely) work in... If they do, she will have achieved a big part of her dream. If they don´t, then so be it. I´ll likely be disappointed, as everyone would be, think of another path to lead her down and move on. 

We all have the option to work towards things like these and request them here, but from here on out, it´s not in our hands anyway so it is what it is^^ 

Last edited by a moderator:
Both sammy and drex have worked hard to create what clinton fuel has become to date and adding a shop will only increase the rp even more which already takes place there also competition with shop owners in the area will increase which is even better for the rp side of things +1

To me it makes sense to have a shop there. Great location the owners have been working hard to get the cash to fox it up. 

A lot of RP goes into this shop.  With the weekly auctions and events.  I am positive that the same amount of work will go into making sure that the shop is stocked, creating RP around the shop.  I dont know the owners but I know that a lot goes into RP events a Clinton rather than it being just a money maker.

Deserved

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back