What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

A way to manage the removal of all import cars

Thud

Unlinked
Hello,

in light of cfx's recent announcement regarding the use of real world brand's intellectual property it seems inevitable that all import cars will have to be removed from the server.

I propose a way that this can be executed and explained within RP - in a manner that is not too economically disruptive.

Since the implementation of contracts for the private sale of cars through city hall, there has been a field to note down the value the car is being sold at. While this would not be completely accurate, with some people selling things cheaper as a favour etc, it would provide some guidance to the value of the car if an average was taken.

I think if an average street value for second hand cars can be established, then a government scrappage scheme could be introduced to refund owners a percentage of it's value.

RP reasons for this mandatory scrappage could be sanctions on the country of origin, a new ULEZ around Los Santos, or anything that fits the bill.

This way a car that historically sells for 50k could be scrapped for 30k rebate (outstanding finance or something perhaps?) and a rare expensive car that has sold for 15 mill would be accounted for to some degree.

Not 100% on how it would work out but i think it would be good to have some discussion on ways we can lesson the blow on the server as a whole.

A nice idea, we have lots of big brains in staff and management who have got us this far over the years, I am sure they will figure something out as people have bought cars as investments, personally having 32mill invested in 2 cars, my fingers are crossed.

I had an idea of issuing tokens to be used on future cars or stuff, or something along those lines. As flooding the city full of cash as "comp" probably isnt the best of ideas, my collection is tiny in comparison to people like Ahmed whos car collection is worth 100s of millions.

UMY072G.png

A nice idea, we have lots of big brains in staff and management who have got us this far over the years, I am sure they will figure something out as people have bought cars as investments, personally having 32mill invested in 2 cars, my fingers are crossed.

I had an idea of issuing tokens to be used on future cars or stuff, or something along those lines. As flooding the city full of cash as "comp" probably isnt the best of ideas, my collection is tiny in comparison to people like Ahmed whos car collection is worth 100s of millions.

@CSI Greenhalghpunching air rn

Problem with offering a refund is it will fuck the eco worse than it already is, ik its bad for a lot of people however i think this will help the servers economy a lot and will probably take minimum a few hundred mill out of the economy. i fully get how annoying it is for people to lose 100's of hours of grinding but gotta take some positives from a big negative.

I considered suggesting a coupon system where each car would be replaced by a coupon allowing the player to redeem any one alternative car up to the value of the coupon.

Value of the coupon to be decided by the staff team but maybe base it on an average of the sales prices over the last 12 months, private and dealer sales.

I considered suggesting a coupon system where each car would be replaced by a coupon allowing the player to redeem any one alternative car up to the value of the coupon.

Value of the coupon to be decided by the staff team but maybe base it on an average of the sales prices over the last 12 months, private and dealer sales.
While its a good idea i feel like thats just gonna put even more strain on the devs and staff, aside from having to completely redo the cars there then going to have to go through everyone with import and branded cars, get them coupons all with different prices and have a way to log it aswell as 1 by 1 look and verify the price of each of the cars, get all business owners in on the idea who run car places that they would basically just have endless streams of people coming in redeeming coupons for cars for free for a good few weeks meaning the car places get no profits. just seems like its making more work 😕

I mean, the easiest option for the devs would be to swap out branded import cars for their non-branded equivalents with similar performance and value. paint jobs etc would probably have to be redone but that's not a big deal for many in the grand scheme of things 

Back