What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ability to conceal items

DavidGaming

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:
Add ability to conceal items in your inventory.

Detailed Suggestion:

My suggestion is the ability to conceal items you carry. Right now a quick search reveals everything you carry. What I proposed is a change, so you will have an option to conceal an item in your inventory. This operation would take time, aka a progress bar, and would make that item unusable until is unconcealed, which is gonna be another action that takes time, aka a progress bar.

As for searching, a quick instant search would not reveal any conceal items, but you can perform a more time consuming search that would reveal conceal items.

My idea is to be able to smuggle items in and out of places like prison. Or just keep some items safe from robbers looking for a quick robbery, as the search for conceal items would take time.

Would be interested to hear everyone's opinions on this, for or against.

For example, you are drug dealing and you have 100 cocaine in your inventory, you can conceal 400 of it and have only 100. If the police stops you and just gives you a quick search, they would find only 100 cocaine, this, depending on your RP story may cause the officers to confiscate the 100 cocaine and letting you go or do a more advance search and find the rest of 400 cocaine hidden on your body. 

The same can be done with weapons, not all of them but just smaller weapons like pistols or knifes. If a weapon is concealed you should not be able to take it out using your weapon wheel and you should have to do a unconcealed action in order for it to become available. 

The Pros: 
Ability to conceal items adding to more RP.

More ways to prepare for what RP you looking for.

The Cons:
Police search procedures may need updated to include different types of search, aka pat down or through search.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server?:
Yes. Considering this would be a entire new mechanic.

I dont think this would change anything as everyone will do a "thorough" search, no one will ever do a quick pat down, all this will do is increase search times in my opinion 

I think this is a good idea, making police stops longer isn't such a bad idea, better than a split second search, it gives more oppertunity for intervention and/or further roleplay.

Also want to roleplay a sawn off concealed up my arse. +1

Quick or long, I dont think this would make much diference, Police should be going through the normals before asearch anyway so the long search will always be done xD

Perhaps 1 slot to conceal against any search could be cool, can hide your USB or a little pen knife, but that maybe a little too far XD dont think the police are going to ask you to squat and cough 4 times xD 

Good idea, but like rouble said, everyone would do a thorough search, I think the only way it'd work is if you need to be taken to a certain location in PD for a thorough search to be conducted. Unsure how this would work for if crims were searching someone though.

i would +1 this i would say in order to not just have it swap out to everyone does a long search instead of as fast one, have it so when doing a through search you have to do the minigame, at the same speed being handcuffed works then if they mess it up it wont show the hidden item, to stop them just from spamming the search you could have it like if you fail the search then someone tries again maybe a cooldown applied so you can only try a through one every X amount of time, this would help offset the changes and not make it pointless

i would say maybe you need a item to hide certain things E.G. condom pack to hide drugs as they are clearly going up your arse, or a roll of tape so it would be like you taped it to you somewhere

and of course have a limit of items you could actually hide otherwise some poor cop has to do a cavity search and finds 100,000 bags of coke inside someone

1+

I do think this Idea to be interesting. The extra time to be involved in rp does sound better.

i would +1 this i would say in order to not just have it swap out to everyone does a long search instead of as fast one, have it so when doing a through search you have to do the minigame, at the same speed being handcuffed works then if they mess it up it wont show the hidden item, to stop them just from spamming the search you could have it like if you fail the search then someone tries again maybe a cooldown applied so you can only try a through one every X amount of time, this would help offset the changes and not make it pointless

i would say maybe you need a item to hide certain things E.G. condom pack to hide drugs as they are clearly going up your arse, or a roll of tape so it would be like you taped it to you somewhere

and of course have a limit of items you could actually hide otherwise some poor cop has to do a cavity search and finds 100,000 bags of coke inside someone
all this would do would increase custody time until they can get it. Because if you're in custody its rped as a full on search anyway

I like this idea, you could also include searches for certain things instead of looking through someone's whole inventory as if you have cocaine or some illegal drug but police find a knife or a weapon could add sentencing to the person being caught.

all this would do would increase custody time until they can get it. Because if you're in custody its rped as a full on search anyway
okay but you can have it set so that maybe police dont need to do the whole minigame maybe, like that unless the cop performs a through one maybe something will slip through, if they are being lazy and do a fast one they might miss out, im sure it can be coded so its different for certain groups like LSPD and G6 so they can do it with ought needing to play the minigame

I like this idea, you could also include searches for certain things instead of looking through someone's whole inventory as if you have cocaine or some illegal drug but police find a knife or a weapon could add sentencing to the person being caught.
if you get arrested you'll be searched for both anyway, we kinda have to make sure you can't pull out a pistol and shoot us all down in custody

+1 great idea but I also like the idea of only being  able to do it in say for example a private cell in PD 

Back