What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ability to muffle ziptied/injured people

Isak

Staff Team
Staff Team
Investor
Brief Summary: Ability to cover the mouth of someone ziptied (or possibly someone injured)

Detailed Suggestion: I have experienced too many times people shouting for help while ziptied/downed while driving around in my cars shouting for help to police etc. Or shouting for help after being kidnapped and put in a alleyway or underwater and then proceeding to shout in order to get rescued. I feel like there should be a item or something which u could stuff in someone's mouth while they are either incapacitated or ziptied. As there is already a blindfold you could put in people.

While muffled they could potentially be forced to whisper and have a filter which sounds like they are having trouble speaking for added immersion (don't know if that is possible but would be a really cool feature)

If it was implemented I think it shouldn't be available to buy from a shop but you had to get it thru some kind of organization.

It would also make sense if people were forced in Normal/Whisper if they were injured by something like a gunshot/explosion without being muffled.

The Pros: More RP possibilities under kidnappings, stop people from "powergaming" by shouting while being seriously injured or dead while being kidnapped somewhere they shouldnt be able to be rescued from. Able to interrogate people without them shouting while talking to get peoples attention in the proximity.

The Cons: None as i can think of, please come with cons if you can come up with any.

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?:  Yes

I like the idea of it forcing you to whisper. 

Personally I don't like the idea of gags, to me it just sounds like something that could take away more from the RP of a kidnapping or hostage situation.

I definitely think blindfolds should be made obtainable again though, at least this way people wouldn't be able to see if anyone's near them to shout for help to.

The situation for the kidnapped person is nevertheless already pretty shitty. And most of the times there are enhanced roleplay scenarios if a hostage or whatever gets detected by public/police. I agree it shouldnt be possible to scream out of your lungs while under water. The while downed muffle/whisper discussion was a while ago and my opinion was, you seriously need the injured person to be able to make themselves known. Especially as medic you sometimes dont have another option to find the person without them talking/shouting.  

I understand the reason for this, but it would result in the kidnapper winning 100% of the time! Maybe adding a time element to this? Allowing the kidnapper to get somewhere safely first? It would just reduce the risk for kidnappers massively, and invite more poor RP at times, "Help, Shut up you've got a sock in your mouth" kinda thing. But I like the idea of being able to stop someone talking for a short amount of time until there is reasonable safety, but still not to the point where once the person is kidnapped there is nothing they can do.

Back