What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ability to "tow" player vehicles with flatbeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne King

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Brief Summary:

Allow mechanics to tow vehicles when the player who needs towing gives keys or some form of consent to be towed

Detailed Suggestion:

When a vehicle gets damaged, we've had times before where we feel like it would be cool to "bring the vehicle back to the garage" to fix it up for the client, for example, when fuel has run out or when a car has been badly damaged or flipped to the point where it logically shouldn't be just instantly repaired. We've attempted to use the Tow Trucks in game however these aren't the best and tend to easily detach/bug out.

I think it would be cool if there was a way that we could ask the person with the damaged car to tow their car to either a safe place or a mechanic shop (Like Tire Nutz / Auto Exotic etc.) and perform a proper repair on it instead of just bringing a repair kit, fixing it, and letting the person get on their way. A lot of the regulars we have at our mechanic shops really appreciate the depth that the mechanics go to for fixing their cars so I think this will bring a lot of fun to the way a mechanic works.

The Pros:

Vehicles can be moved out of the road when they are broken down, to avoid players getting hit by other cars
Generate more RP when fixing vehicles instead of just turning up, using a kit, and saying thanks, bye (Appreciate that this depends on the person repairing but I see this a lot when I call out a mechanic).
Brings more business to RP based mechanic shops (Tire Nutz, Auto Exotic etc.)

The Cons:

Can't think of many RP based cons, apart from some people might not appreciate their repair taking an additional few minutes
Dev work can be potentially difficult to keep the stability of the car while on a flatbed (But I imagine this will just work similar to mechanic jobs)

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

No

• Eggplant
Reactions: Rot
Essentially all that is being asked is if you hold a key for the car,  you can attach it to a flatbed and using the existing system. At the moment the condition has to be that it's on an impound list. This would improve RP at the mechanic shops across the city.

You do have the actual towtruck, but the hook on this is unreliable and buggy. Cars appear on the hook for some, but remain elsewhere in the city for others (which currently has a bug report for but likely outside the scope of devs to fix).

I definitely support this suggestion, personally it feels a bit silly to me you can only tow cars on the impound list.

This would be a great addition. Far better than vehicles dumped around the city constantly.

Accepted

Implemented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back