What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Accessibility within Tanoa - Starting out

Kaostic

So I want to prefix this post with: I really do appreciate everything the development team is doing. I understand that Tanoa Life is effectively in its beta stage.

Starting out on Tanoa; the general port of call is: Spawn in > Rent a Quad > do a Sugar Run > do a Melon run on the way back. 

Let's also say you have £5,000 starting money.
-£250 Quad Rental
-£65 for Backpack
= Current Total: £4,685

In the best case scenario, you have a backpack and you won't crash/get robbed/have to buy a new vehicle which means you can carry 12 Sugar on the way out. It takes ~20 minutes to do one Sugar/Melon run which nets you £96. On the way back, you can take 29 Melons and they net you £116. Each run you can make £212 in 20 minutes. This means in a 60 minute stretch, you will net £636.
= Current Total: £5,321

Every three runs, you have to refuel your Quad and Eat/Drink (although you can eat the melons).
- £25 for a full tank
- £10 for drink
= Current Total: £5,286

For each Sugar Refined, you get 10XP. It will take approximately 7/8 runs (2 1/2 hours) to get to Level 3 and be able to get the Hatchback. Once you have got the Hatchback, you still have to continue doing the same runs until you have enough for Copper Processing (£3,500) which will mean ~15 more runs amounting to 5 hours. You have to do 5 hours of grinding the same route, hoping not to crash, to get Copper Processing. You then need to start running Copper in a Hatchback to save up for a Box Truck which costs £40,000.

My Suggestion:

Realistically speaking, I'd say within the first hour & half of gameplay, a new spawn should have the option to get a hatchback. Within this period of time, the new player will have learned how to harvest, process, sell, and navigate the roads / learning not to crash, and get into the town to purchase the new vehicle. It should then take approx. four hours to get a Box Truck. And this isn't getting into having enough to do other activities on the island. This is the pure starting grind.

Five & a half hours of starting grind I think is enough for a person to think "This is fun, I enjoy this, but I can see I've actually accomplished something and am eager to continue to play on this Island." rather than "I've played for six hours and now can process Copper. SIGN ME UP!"

By the five hour mark, a new starter should realistically be able to choose a few different activities on the island (fishing, bus driver, mining etc.) and not be limited to "I have to do this to make any money on the island".

In Summary - the current situation:

• 3 hours to get your first hatchback.
  • 5 hours to get copper processing.
  • A LOT more hours in a hatchback doing Copper to get a Truck Boxer.
My Suggestion:

• 1.5 hours to get first hatchback.
  • 4 hours to get Truck Boxer / be able to choose another activity on the island to participate in.
FAO: @Wilco@Neo

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people keep posting about how hard it is to get things and how much money it is. I'd like to see someone change this and suggest new prices, everyone is saying "make it easier" however that is not very exact and it's not helping a lot.

This isn't aimed at you as it is a very well made post but still, not many people are giving changes, just pointing out mistakes and leaving it at that. 

A lot of people keep posting about how hard it is to get things and how much money it is. I'd like to see someone change this and suggest new prices, everyone is saying "make it easier" however that is not very exact and it's not helping a lot.

This isn't aimed at you as it is a very well made post but still, not many people are giving changes, just pointing out mistakes and leaving it at that. 
Pointing out the mistakes isn't always bad. The Average Joe isn't a game designer and doesn't have the knowledge to accurately suggest changes to the game, and in some ways it's like telling the development team, who have been doing this for a while now, how to do their job.

As I said, pointing out the mistakes isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives the devs somewhere to start to look at. Provided they know what is wrong and why it's bad, they can work with it.

Pointing out the mistakes isn't always bad. The Average Joe isn't a game designer and doesn't have the knowledge to accurately suggest changes to the game, and in some ways it's like telling the development team, who have been doing this for a while now, how to do their job.

As I said, pointing out the mistakes isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gives the devs somewhere to start to look at. Provided they know what is wrong and why it's bad, they can work with it.
Oh no I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's a good thing. However everyone seems to be saying the same thing and they've said a few times for people to start giving suggestions how to change it.

I agree though pointing it out isn't a bad thing, but if a few people got together and made a post with suggestions it would go a far way. Not even specifics, but just areas to tweak. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggestions are welcome... but the word on the backstreets is that there is an update due in the next day or so... Keep your suggestions in mind for after that.

And yes... suggestions are welcome... and excuse my french... being a little bitch isn't :D, Like others have said if you do not like it then please come up with good suggestions

You need to remember we only had a week to get stuff in order, if you take a step back and think how many factors are at here, It wasn't going to please everyone but in time i am confident everyone will enjoy Tanoa like you enjoy Altis, Prices are not perfect now... XP system is not perfect now but it will get there without breaking the economy!

Let's also say you have £5,000 starting money.
-£250 Quad Rental
-£65 for Backpack
= Current Total: £4,685
funny enough, the first page on my spreadsheet

614013cfd2fb12e127fe6a37d96cf11f.png

thing is, and my first flaw in this was not taking levels into account, I'll hold my hands up on this, i didn't take some things together... but it worked... 

You don't move to Germany and demand a car? you need to get settled in, work, earn money, and pay for a car....

• A LOT more hours in a hatchback doing Copper to get a Truck Boxer.
tbh, the chain of progression always made me think people would head to an offroad before a boxer... it has near enough double the storage... and drives on bridges.... lol...

none the less, it's food for thought and an economy update is scheduled to reflect the hatchback warriors.

time for bed, big changes-are-coming... much better feedback thanks.

Back