What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Add OOC Help Warning when Downed

Bonzi

Staff Team
Staff Team
Suggestion:

Add a text warning on screen when downed to accompany the down timer etc.. Something along the lines of: 'Don't ask for assistance out of game (discord, etc.), rule break etc. etc.'

I've seen a lot of people (newer players typically) ask 'any NHS on' and 'can someone help me i'm downed' in the discord. Obviously this isn't allowed and from what I've seen when people reply, they aren't aware of this.

Ideally newer players would know that asking for help externally when downed would be a rule break, but that clearly isn't the case. Some sort of on-screen warning could prevent/reduce the amount of people doing this by making them aware before they take to discord to ask for help.

Pros:

Less people asking for help externally (hopefully), leading to less potential rule breaks.

Cons:

None that I can think of.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would probably help to a certain degree but people would still do it, same as you have trolls/rulebreakers joining and just skipping reading the rules.

Maybe adding a filter that blocks your message if certain words are involved could work? A con to this would be that if someone asks for a NHS member to come liaison or something it could get blocked.

It would probably help to a certain degree but people would still do it, same as you have trolls/rulebreakers joining and just skipping reading the rules.
Oh yeah, no single method will 100% reduce a problem - but some reduction is a step in the right direction!

Maybe adding a filter that blocks your message if certain words are involved could work? A con to this would be that if someone asks for a NHS member to come liaison or something it could get blocked.
I think that'd be a nightmare to implement effectively 😅

Thanks for your thoughts! 😄

Back