What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Add option to open F5 Wiki/Rules Menu on loading screen

Namron

Head of Pestering the Development Team(s)
Lifetime Donator
Unlinked
Brief Summary:  Add an option to open the F5 Menu (Wiki, Rules, FAQs etc) on loading screen

Detailed Suggestion: 

With the new extended loading screen, I think it would provide a great opportunity to promote our wiki / rules, especially for new players.  While I think the images and music on the loading screen are fantastic, a prompt to "press F5 to open information menu"  will help people learn more about our server through the rules and wiki pages.

The Pros: 

• It proactively prompts people to read the rules.
  • Some of these pages are really useful for both new and old players to further their knowledge of the server.
  • All for some UX design to help the new-joiner experience

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen similar implementations on many other servers and it can be very useful for new players who can use the downtime to get themselves familiar with rules and some basic guides, especially as this server is not the friendliest to new people

And adding further to the suggestion, I would say forcing the f5 menu open during loading would be the better option and instead give users the option to close it, just making it further accessible for new players

Last edited by a moderator:
There's already a "Rules" button when create a character, it is a requirement to a) read our GTA RP rules b) read our community rules before creating a character.

There's already a "Rules" button when create a character, it is a requirement to a) read our GTA RP rules b) read our community rules before creating a character.
That's not what this suggestion was really focused on. 

This suggestion was hopefully so that new and old players are able to utilise their time spent loading in to read/access the wiki, controls, rules etc through the NUI window. 

UX is at the moment pretty horrible on the serve, I think everyone agrees on that especially with the recent suggestion. Whilst more needs to be done for UX, stuff Archie is working on, this would be a step in the right direction.

For now, we will stay with the ability to view rules in-game with F5. Potentially we can add it to the loading screen in the future.

Back