What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ADD PHOTOGRAPH TO ID CARDS/SHOWING ID CARDS

Nimbruh

ADD PHOTOGRAPH TO ID CARD

I think by adding a photo to the ID card would make it much better, more realistic with a photo ID. There could be a few ways to do this, but.. Personally I think you should have to go to the city hall and get an ID card, this is because it's a more official place to purchase licenses, like anyone can just go and grab an ID card from a shop, you don't do this IRL.

Maybe once you register you ID through city hall you can buy 'your' ID from the shop?

When getting your ID card you submit a link for a photo of yourself and that implements your photo on your ID card. 

I also think it would be a good idea if you could add in your nationality on the right side of the card.

(I've heard people in-game say about the IDs should show our photos)

c906e06fdaae0e8423a71561f159af79.png

SHOWING ID CARD

I also feel as if when showing an ID card to someone that you only show that person who you are showing on their screen. Possibly by using your eye on them and if you have an ID card, it's says 'show ID' on that person. As sometimes you show a certain person your ID and random people remark on it cuz it pops up on their screen, eg. like when in police cells on the other side of the wall I've heard other people say things even though they 'don't' see the card they say something just because it pops on their screen.

EG. Seeing someone else ID who didn't show me

159c0c5b771bf415f4be39a8db600557.jpg

Any other ID card ideas drop below 😁

I do think this would be a good addition, but i can see people using it to put stupid things on their ID card for the sake of putting stupid things on their id card, if this was implemented what would the control you suggest be on that?

Huge +1! I think this would really add to RP and make things more realistic!

I do think this would be a good addition, but i can see people using it to put stupid things on their ID card for the sake of putting stupid things on their id card, if this was implemented what would the control you suggest be on that?
Maybe the photos on their ID could be somehow linked to their PNC profile or they would have to go to the police station/court to have their photos placed onto their ID by a professional to avoid any meme stuff being placed onto the ID Card. Not sure how or if this would be impossible but the devs are miracle workers and seem to figure out a way to do anything so I wouldn’t put it past them ☺️

just use the PNC picture(and perhaps expand it a bit for who can take said pictures) like we do on police/NHS ones, most of those pics are not stupid looking anyway

@Nikolai Yeah not a bad idea, means there won’t be any stupid photos and it would be of peoples actual faces 

Just another suggestion, I’d like peoples opinions. Say this does happen with the photos and stuff. I think it would be a good idea if you could have your own ‘personal ID’ in your pocket. You can pick up other peoples ‘personal ID’ like it’s a UNIQUE, each persons ID they buy is an individual Item eg. “Siren Delta’s ID Card”which you purchase from the city hall or maybe from PD. Somewhere official.

I think this would really add to the RP, like people faking identity and stuff, like an example someone car thefts someone’s car and steals their ID and then is pulled over by the police. Said person shows the ID he stole of that person. 

I think this could lead to a success for the criminal or lead to extended RP with the police and extra charges for false identification. 

🤔🤔🤔 

I love this idea, makes it a LOT more realistic.

just use the PNC picture(and perhaps expand it a bit for who can take said pictures) like we do on police/NHS ones, most of those pics are not stupid looking anyway
Or people can submit a photo maybe taken by a photographer? This could create a realistic process within roleplay.

"No smiling or poses this is a serious photo".

Can create revenue also for the said photographer.

Also this could give a solicitor more to do, maybe you have to go through them to get your photo approved by a judge - just to make it less dev work for developers so they don't add a whole new job and system.

These are just thoughts.

+1 but for the photos upon purchasing the ID Card at City Hall it should teleport you to a small room (Like when being put in prison) and from that small room an image is taken of your character and automatically uploaded/placed onto the PNC profile of that person 

+1 great idea, but as Tommy said teleport to a room and take a photo of you would be the best idea, that way everyone has decent photos instead of them looking like shit (as soon PNC photos do) 

I think making it that only judges can add the pictures would be the fix for it, a judge will know to tell a person of what they should be wearing/not wearing when taking pics of them etc

only problem is i dont know a way of making people know its possible to add photo of character, i feel like its required to have picture on your ID from the get go

An alternative to this is linked to Police National Computer picture, and people can ask officers the same thing as above for judges

Last edited by a moderator:
only problem is i dont know a way of making people know its possible to add photo of character, i feel like its required to have picture on your ID from the get go
Possibly could be informed by police when they are pulled over and receive a warning for it on their PNC if they dont go to city hall and add a photo within a certain timeframe they will receive a fine?

+1 Would really like to see peoples photos on their ID cards, I think that they should be separate from peoples PNC photos and should be done through the court to prevent people from adding stupid photos or it being easily abused. Would rather see it being done by an actual person at the courthouse like a licensed photographer then being automated to increase the roleplay involved. 

Would also like to see the ID assigned to the individual person so ID cards can be stolen although there should be a way of reporting your ID stolen as a way to combat identity theft.

+1. I also think it would be great if there was a place to register a business so that you could potentially put in a job title to show on your ID card. Try explaining to the police you’re the CEO of …….. when your ID says taxi service or mechanic. Obviously again people could get silly with this so it would need to be vetted again but think it would be good. 

Back