What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Adjust the double standard with gangs fighting out of colours

GPlumb

Brief Summary: I am in essence bringing the motion forward to make gangs when fighting against whoever (other gangs, police) wear at least some form of marked up clothing identifying them as a particular gang

Detailed Summary: I am well aware about the controversy surrounding this matter however Im going to try and rise this issue in a way that can hopefully spark discussions and where possible I will try and back this with examples. However, please do not think if I mention a gang name I am trying to deface or slander them in any way.

This suggestion has been something I have been thinking about for a while since Connor Great got banned for RDM (Reference: below)

From this incident on the 27th of march we can see that staff have made it clear that police should not be involved in an active conflict without being identifiable as police. I am not here to argue this point however. I am here to raise a concern of the fact that police can not be involved whilst being unidentifiable but gangs and OCGs can be involved whilst being unidentifiable. To me this seems like a double standard and one which im aiming to get addressed.

Now to any points of rebuttal I can forseeably think about;

Police get all there weaponary for free so why cant gangs have this advantage.

To start on this in my opinion police should never be a force that is taken head on with in a broad daylight firefight. This is meant to be a server based on the UK yet gangs are acting like a cartel out of mexico. When police pull up gangs should be scattering. Not asking "police its an active gunfight go away" to me this makes no sense and could borderline be seen as ruleplaying. A good example I can reference is a few weeks ago, Marabunta knocked out two constables. By the time that the backup had arrived the entire gang had scattered and gone underground. This although was annoying is how I believe situations should roughly go. Not gangs trying to be big bollocks about it. Furthermore, the buerocracy involved with police work kind of negates this. Its very easy to say from a gang perspective that we just raid a container without realising the amount of backing that has to go into it. 

To summarise I am not trying to say police should be able to fight unmarked if anything i agree with this rule however a standard needs to be set server wide either everyone does it or no one does as to me it feels like some of the rules apply for Police and not the gangs.

Does this change server ballance

Yes It does however I believe it should hopefully stop the massive broad daylight firefights and hopefully change that ballance for the better

Completely agree.

My own opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure this is already a thing. Gang not in colours getting involved = RDM

I agree but at the same time i don't agree if it is something like a bank or a Police transport but thats just my opinion. Basically i think it should be depending on each situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a tough one to argue from a real world perspective. Not saying I disagree with the OP but I am also struggling to find an actual realistic solution that would honestly make sense.

In  the movies, as an example, all of the police forces, even undercover assets, when the big showdown comes, badge up in some way. There are marks to signify hey I'm a cop. You can watch any modern movie made in the last 30 years and see this in just about every movie made. Even if the under cover officers disguise themselves to be a part of the raid (Fast and Furious 1 as an example, Paul walker's character goes in full swat tactical gear when the raid goes down).

I think one solution to the OP's problem would be to have badges on a chain like the US police forces do that they can instantly put on which hangs centre mass of the body and clearly identifies them as a police officer. (Same mechanic as a mask or a vest. Put it on with caps lock) Then, when the rumpus starts, they can slip on them on (like in Connors case) and shoot that balla scumbag hiding on the roof taking pot shots (i mean no malice with this PJ :p) because that very same person would now know there is a new threat and adjust accordingly.

I realise its less than ideal but enforcing gangs to wear uniforms or colours is a contentious issue at best and while I do think they should be more identifiable in some regards (meetings with other gangs, roleplaying some scenarios, protecting turfs, etc) in other times they want to be incognito too, major crimes being one of them (major raids etc).

If the police were to be more identifiable and much easier, on the fly so to speak. That way half the equation is solved. Then its the police officers job to work with his or her team to watch each others back and anyone suspected as a threat should be treated with the correct application of force and also tactical awareness/unit cohesion. Not Rambo.

In saying that I think LTL (less than lethal) weapons should be used more readily, maybe bean bag guns and/or tear gas (and obviously have gas masks to counter them) that can stun but not kill to allow incapacitation of crims but not be too OP obviously to ruin the funplay. Maybe firearms are a last resort then. The point is to catch not kill the crim. If the crims escalate to bring out major firepower then the police again respond in kind.

Riot squad goes in with batons and shields. Rounds start popping. SO19 is called to deal with it. Ramp it up as the situation escalates/detoriates accordingly.

Apologies if this is a bit of a ramble. I want to try and help spark some ideas.

This is already a thing, People have got warnings / banned for not wearing markings or colours and getting involved in active situations.

There is already a few examples of this in report a players and its primarily why if you are Plain Clothes and are wanting to get involve its a rule you wear markings likewise to gangs where they need to be wearing a identifiable colour OR marking to indicate they are part of a group involved in the gunfight so they can shoot. No colours or markings no getting involved

Just to make clear i am focusing soly on gunfights. Other aspects i dont believe they need to be in colours for

Back