What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Advertising RPUK

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotBailey

Although I have not been around as long as some of the seasoned vets of RPUK, I still remember having to wait for an open space on the server often. There were times where everywhere seemed to have people around, even in the middle of nowhere. As much as I hate to say it we have not had the high numbers we were once used to. I know it may not be my place to say, but could it be considered a possibility of using some of the monthly donation budget to advertise Altis Life and the general RPUK Community as a whole on say, Youtube or Twitch? I don't have the technical know how of how it works, but the idea strayed my mind. 

Forgive me if I seem lost in my conversation; my head just seems to be pumping ideas at the moment. I insist that you guys discuss this with me further in the comments. :))

I think you are a little mistaken, It was pretty busy tonight as it is most nights across the Roleplay UK network:

numbers.png

If we rewind to a few months ago where we just had Altis Life we did not have 200ish Roleplayers across our servers at one time, granted our Altis life is in a decline but that's what happens when other games come out and when we are slow to release new updates/features.

Overall we are extremely healthy

The monthly donations are for server cost's we do not upfront tell our donators we would blindly waste it on advertising if we go over goal, I am not sure if you are aware but pay per click on Youtube is a black hole and unless you have some product someone is currently searching for then its worthless, especially for a gaming community, we would be a small fish in the Atlantic ocean.

Youtubers/streamers, there are very little we would want associating themselves with our community, we have had many record/stream here for free finding the server themselves with millions of subs and hundreds of viewers and they bring nothing but trolls, to pay for that is pissing money into gail force winds.

Now the real question here is how do we get the numbers back on Altis Life as GTA RP will fend for itself and it will only increase as word gets out and it rises up the google search result rankings.

1. We need more active devs who will work on changes and new features that the community suggested and have voted for.
  2. Regular updates
  3. A change of stance allowing more casual RP and moving the serious RP onto GTA RP
  4. Make sure all areas of Altis are catered for in the future... Rebel life unfortunately has fell under factions
That's my take on it after 6 years of management here.

+1 on caring for the server and wanting to get people discussing this topic

- 1 on youtuber's and twitch streamers

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wilco Thank you for your reply Wilco,

It would seem I am mistaken a little, although I am sure I can say Its just coincidence from whenever I am awake and on forum or in server, as well as being told nobody's on when asking a few pals in discord. I am really happy we have a healthy player count! This server is like a second home sometimes. After reading what you had to say, I can agree, the last thing we need here is an influx of trolls and undesirable people who seek to ruin what we have. I retract what I had to say about funding advertisements, I should have saw that from the beginning.

I can agree where you brung up casual RP, although I am a firm believer that there is needs to find the correct balance between casual and serious so that it tenders for the serious RP'ers who value Arma 3, as well as those who come here to have a good time. Otherwise I completely agree with point you have brung up, and I hope you and your team have good luck in applying the proposed ideas.

Granted I was mistaken in most of my points, I think its important nevertheless for these conversations to take place so that we can get an opinion from say, a consumers POV and those higher up, such as yourself.

Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back