What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Air Tanks added to the marina

Rouble

Brief Summary:

Air tanks added to the marina as a shop item to be purchased by people just as they would buy a smoothie from a 24/7.

Detailed Suggestion:

The marina has is a perfect spot for air tanks to be sold. There's a little cabinet/cupboard where people could come and use left ALT to interact with and buy air tanks, the menu would be the same as when someone interacts with a shop menu to buy smoothies, phones, radios etc except the marina would only sell air tanks and marina employees could order them from the general warehouse like shop order their stuff. Another option could be the same way G6, police and NHS have their clothes where they can select their uniform, the marina could have the same in the same cabinets as the air tanks, however to only have a complete diving suit, the diving suits are in the clothing shop an can be matched together and there's many different colour to choose from. I have done an event in the past where I rounded police, park rangers and NHS to help with a diving event and we used up over 300 air tanks between 5 people (excluding the whitelisted parties). They were all nice enough to come and help me with the event as it was something different to do for them, however it took a long time to set-up and police had to go back and forth to put air tanks into their boat for us to use. 

93db1729ab4e53209c53ebd7e094210d-png.jpg

The Pros:

- More RP with diving

- Diving events 

- Recreational diving

- Treasure hunts under water

- MPO would actually be utilised more 

The Cons:

- Dev work

Does this suggestion change balance on the server ?

None that I can think of

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 Only because making there air tanks easily accessible will only worsen the current water meta where crim A gets in a pursuit, then drives their car off the end of the pier to protect whatever they have stored in it and then gets out and keeps swimming until the police give up or Crim B comes along with a boat from nowhere and picks them up. Being able to dive and go deep underwater for a long period of time will just make it impossible to keep up and be unbalanced further 

+1 This could bring new things for the marina to do and events to come! The last event was amazing when I attended. Maybe even more people will want to be involved within the marina with this maybe coming

-1 Only because making there air tanks easily accessible will only worsen the current water meta where crim A gets in a pursuit, then drives their car off the end of the pier to protect whatever they have stored in it and then gets out and keeps swimming until the police give up or Crim B comes along with a boat from nowhere and picks them up. Being able to dive and go deep underwater for a long period of time will just make it impossible to keep up and be unbalanced further 
Air tanks shouldn't be bound to a whitelisted faction. You can buy air tanks in real life, its up to the police if they want to catch them of give up on them 

+1 As I believe it makes sense coming from a realistic stand point that anyone should have access to things like this and it not be solely bound to a certain faction, I also believe it makes sense to be sold out of the marina as obviously it is a marina shop, It's a shame that things like this are reed upon by certain people as it makes no sense what so ever that simple real life things should be dedicated or given to a certain faction only giving said faction a MASSIVE advantage over criminals.

As for Jays comment of supposedly it making it "unbalanced" I think is a very unfair statement as if a criminal does jump in to water with one of these air tanks on I believe it is then up to the police to make the choice to continue the roleplay and peruse said person into the water also as the police do in fact have all this equipment and vehicles added for these kind of reasons, I feel the ree of saying its "unbalanced" is just you being a bit upset in a way because you see it as you wouldn't and or couldn't be arsed to have a little longer role play to peruse a person that is attempting to escape from you, therefore being a bit of a personal issue and not taking the time to think about the content and enjoyment form other players.

Air tanks shouldn't be bound to a whitelisted faction. You can buy air tanks in real life, its up to the police if they want to catch them of give up on them 
You could say that about a lot of things, but as common sense isn't such common place round these parts I fear it would be used too much in a negative way as I have highlighted above.

As for Jays comment of supposedly it making it "unbalanced" I think is a very unfair statement as if a criminal does jump in to water with one of these air tanks on I believe it is then up to the police to make the choice to continue the roleplay and peruse said person into the water also as the police do in fact have all this equipment and vehicles added for these kind of reasons, I feel the ree of saying its "unbalanced" is just you being a bit upset in a way because you see it as you wouldn't and or couldn't be arsed to have a little longer role play to peruse a person that is attempting to escape from you, therefore being a bit of a personal issue and not taking the time to think about the content and enjoyment form other players.
It's not ree, its an opinion I have formed based off of what I can already see is happening in the server. The main reason criminals do this is so they can avoid being arrested with little roleplay and save their items from being seized. It would be unbalanced as if police started flinging their cars off the ends of piers to follow people in there would be uproar everywhere, however the time taken to get out your car, get an airtank on, jump into the water and swim out to catch up with the offender is far longer than the 5 seconds it would take to chuck it on whilst driving to the end of the pier and then swim off never to be found again.

Again just my input on the negative effect I see that it would have, which in my opinion would out way the positive effects mentioned above which would last for the first few days before people get bored of underwater sightseeing tours

It's not ree, its an opinion I have formed based off of what I can already see is happening in the server. The main reason criminals do this is so they can avoid being arrested with little roleplay and save their items from being seized. It would be unbalanced as if police started flinging their cars off the ends of piers to follow people in there would be uproar everywhere, however the time taken to get out your car, get an airtank on, jump into the water and swim out to catch up with the offender is far longer than the 5 seconds it would take to chuck it on whilst driving to the end of the pier and then swim off never to be found again.

Again just my input on the negative effect I see that it would have, which in my opinion would out way the positive effects mentioned above which would last for the first few days before people get bored of underwater sightseeing tours
People flinging their cars off the pier is fail driving the rule is there for a reason so its as easy as report it, as I stated you/The police have been gifted things like boats and also the diving equipment, you even have a whole unit/department dedicated to this kind of stuff. You have to think of the content for the server and not just think about "What would police do", end of the day the server is not cop based (even though it seems like it is) <My opinion btw, so therefore having the mind set of oh no police will lose maybe 1 in 10 pursuits due to someone getting an Air tank and attempting to swim away isn't the best way to look at it, as stated you need to think of it as a server overall thing as in the content it could bring to the people, plus as sated you have Units and a whole department dedicated to the seas so it will also give the chance for that department to be exercised and used correctly.

Just remember it is only a game. 

I always hear the term smart criminal being thrown away at crims which is a fair enough argument but how can a criminal be smart if the escape routes are limited by the tools we are currently given.

As for the throwing cars of the pier that's was stated multiple times it's a rule break and time and time again it still gets brought up as an argument, there is no point bringing rule breaks into arguments because if thats the case everyone could exploit most of the things in game and use the exploits as arguments to counter act each other.

As for the suggestion i do believe its a nice addition and something that in the future could eventually help expand the usage of the sea like adding different content like searching for stuff under water that could be used to make drugs etc... (examples obviously) and i do believe this is a small step towards it by also giving the marina a bit more roleplay besides the part of just selling boats.

As for the unfair part i, i completely disagree, yes it will help crims obviously BUT you also need to remember you have faster boats than the ones crims can currently get, you have Drones, You have NPAS which can see thermals so there is a multitude of tools you can use to chase these suspects so i genually cannot see how adding a airtank will make the chase impossible.

All and all +1.

I'm from Altis, and I don't miss everyone running around in wetsuits. Air tanks maybe

Wetsuits are just for RP purposes, they don't add any advantages I don't think
They do, they make you swim faster, much faster which means people will wear them constantly, just like they did on Arma 3 (this communities platform before FiveM was a thing)

Air tanks maybe, wetsuits no

Diving needs to be a thing. 

Police have drones, helicopters and boats. If you haven't got the foresight to request air support during a car chase if the criminal heads for the coast thats on you. 

If the request is denied due to lack of air support available then thats on police command. 

Nothing on the Internet is ever perfect but denying content being added because of projected hypotheticals that are not only a rule break but also can be countered shows a lack of imagination, which is needed on a "serious roleplay server"

I fully agree with diving being added. It's a whole new paradigm to offer new rp to explore. 

Diving needs to be a thing. 

Police have drones, helicopters and boats. If you haven't got the foresight to request air support during a car chase if the criminal heads for the coast thats on you. 

If the request is denied due to lack of air support available then thats on police command. 

Nothing on the Internet is ever perfect but denying content being added because of projected hypotheticals that are not only a rule break but also can be countered shows a lack of imagination, which is needed on a "serious roleplay server"

I fully agree with diving being added. It's a whole new paradigm to offer new rp to explore. 
I didn't say no to diving suits because of the speed benefit, I said no to them because everyone will wear them because of the benefits. If you can think of a counter to everyone running around like capeless grey superheroes in grey spandex then I would agree on the whole suggestion. 

I didn't say no to diving suits because of the speed benefit, I said no to them because everyone will wear them because of the benefits. If you can think of a counter to everyone running around like capeless grey superheroes in grey spandex then I would agree on the whole suggestion. 
Off the top of my head. Flippers increase swim speed but nerf run speed. Dive tank (aqua lung) is heavy, nerf run speed. Wet suit increases thirst when worn (they can get pretty warm when worn for a while)

This will, theoretically, stop the super hero's. 

I play on another server where diving is an option and I've yet to see any of the grey suited super hero's too lol. 

That said I can say I think this server has an inherent "win" mentality which would lead to this in a more extreme fashion. 

Edit: one more thing to add. To counteract the above issue of crims swimming off in to the sea and not being found. Add a timer for shark spawns. Let em feed. Adds an extra level of danger and let mother nature do her thing 😉

Off the top of my head. Flippers increase swim speed but nerf run speed. Dive tank (aqua lung) is heavy, nerf run speed. Wet suit increases thirst when worn (they can get pretty warm when worn for a while)

This will, theoretically, stop the super hero's. 

I play on another server where diving is an option and I've yet to see any of the grey suited super hero's too lol. 

That said I can say I think this server has an inherent "win" mentality which would lead to this in a more extreme fashion. 

Edit: one more thing to add. To counteract the above issue of crims swimming off in to the sea and not being found. Add a timer for shark spawns. Let em feed. Adds an extra level of danger and let mother nature do her thing 😉
Oooh I like this +1

giphy.gif

Back