What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Allow all items to be held in Shop Storage

Tommo

Currently shops storage is restricted to items that can be stocked in the shop.

I know this was done traditionally as the legal/policing system wasnt what it was now and people would store things in there like weapons or drugs.

Now that Police have more search powers and we have a solid judicial system, can this be reworked to allow all items to be stored in a shop.

From an RP point of view, you shouldnt not be able to put something in a box because its a piece of steel and not a plastic sheet.

This could lead to more RP storylines, and more interactions if shop owners are caught holding something they shouldnt be.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a Policing PoV, it would be interesting to conduct investigations and raids on shops.

Although im just going to throw it out there....

Lots of people say there isnt enough for "legal" civs to do on the server.

Maybe we should be encouraging player owned shops with more RP and keep them separate from the street gang style of crime.

Maybe a new update around illegal businesses may be better. For example, the creation of counterfeit goods, money laundering and import/export/boosting through shops may lead to a new "criminal scene" to explore.

In short, im not against the idea, but i think shops could be used for a different style of crime, rather than extra storage for the crime style we already have 🙂

From a Policing PoV, it would be interesting to conduct investigations and raids on shops.

Although im just going to throw it out there....

Lots of people say there isnt enough for "legal" civs to do on the server.

Maybe we should be encouraging player owned shops with more RP and keep them separate from the street gang style of crime.

Maybe a new update around illegal businesses may be better. For example, the creation of counterfeit goods, money laundering and import/export/boosting through shops may lead to a new "criminal scene" to explore.

In short, im not against the idea, but i think shops could be used for a different style of crime, rather than extra storage for the crime style we already have 🙂
The illegal part is just a what if, i personally and other business owners i know wont be doing illegal things, some may and that would be for the police to investigate and find out.

Then I would assume the storage amount need to be drastically reduced. If I recall you can store 500k worth of stuff in the private shop storage. 

Like the idea, would love to be able to put crates etc in there for easier transport of fruit etc.

i agree with Isak, if this is ever to be a thing, storage needs to lowered a shit ton

Isn't that what containers are for like?
Most if not all shop owners will have containers too, its just a realism thing that you can only put certain items in, plus it could provide roleplay as per the suggestions in the original post

Back