What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Allow businesses to offer different delivery rates through the PC.

VeganVlad

Unlinked
Hello everyone!

With the recent change where as a business we now cover the 10k charge (Fully agree with this) I think an option to offer an amount of our choosing would be a nice roleplay feature.

If I wanted to be scummy I could offer 5K instead and might wait longer because of better paying jobs.

Or if I wanted something Asap I could offer 15 or 20k instead to make it more desirable. I know this can been offered through adverts but allowing the truckers to see these updated offers on their apps would make things interesting such as causing businesses to out compete in being the best paying. 

Maybe lock it still at 10k minimum and simply allow us to offer more just so some people don't abuse it maybe?  

Cons. 

Dev Time

Pros. 

More options in game. 

Thank you 

show-me-the-money-gif-8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
When the trucks turn up just tip them or put in tweadle that you are tipping who ever gets to it first gets tips otherwise the companies/business that may not be earning as much as others can still get delivers as people would just always go for the better paid once and that unfair on other business or get certain truck members number and say when they are online go and pick this up for me and i will pay you double. I don't think this really needs to be changed. 

When the trucks turn up just tip them or put in tweadle that you are tipping who ever gets to it first gets tips otherwise the companies/business that may not be earning as much as others can still get delivers as people would just always go for the better paid once and that unfair on other business or get certain truck members number and say when they are online go and pick this up for me and i will pay you double. I don't think this really needs to be changed. 
That's a fair assessment especially with the northern shops tipping is something I have done often just thought an official way of doing it would be nice! 

Thank you for the reply 

Yeah i get and understand what you was doing maybe they could add an option once it's been delivered you get a choice to if you would like to tip the driver that had delivered your items. I think there could be a different way to tip the drivers just this way could make it less fair on the north shops. I kind of like the idea though as there isn't ways apart from taxi and towing for people who want to stay clean to earn money 

Yeah i get and understand what you was doing maybe they could add an option once it's been delivered you get a choice to if you would like to tip the driver that had delivered your items. I think there could be a different way to tip the drivers just this way could make it less fair on the north shops. I kind of like the idea though as there isn't ways apart from taxi and towing for people who want to stay clean to earn money 
I like the idea of a tipping system! 

I'll be honest; I HATE the new update xD 
I always split up my orders to make more work for others, but no more.

- I'd love to be able to set the price myself, because honestly I think it's a little shit that the kraken has to pay the same price to get a delivery, despite being close to noble warehouse, as 24/7 sandy... xD 

I'll be honest; I HATE the new update xD 

- I'd love to be able to set the price myself, because honestly I think it's a little shit that the kraken has to pay the same price to get a delivery, despite being close to noble warehouse, as 24/7 sandy... xD 
I understand that but if people came to choose to deliver a 10k one of a 5k one your 5k one would be left because they would go for the more expensive once and if you changed this the north again would be to a disadvantage as they would have to pay more for being further away, unless you move nobles to be central there is not much the dev can do i dont think

I understand that but if people came to choose to deliver a 10k one of a 5k one your 5k one would be left because they would go for the more expensive once and if you changed this the north again would be to a disadvantage as they would have to pay more for being further away, unless you move nobles to be central there is not much the dev can do i dont think
Tbh I think with the population of the city and infrequent ordering every job will get done. 

Trucks already shit pay as it is, lets not make another way for businesses to save a few grand extra and take it away from the people doing the shitty jobs on the server. 

Good idea if there is a set minimum tho.

Trucks already shit pay as it is, lets not make another way for businesses to save a few grand extra and take it away from the people doing the shitty jobs on the server. 

Good idea if there is a set minimum tho.
True some people may get greedy but I think with a minimum perhaps their can be a win win with trucks and shops benefiting 

it makes sense for further away deliveries to to cost more, the drivers have the choice to do multiple close drops or a single far drop

I'd like to see shops be able to set an item threshold minimum so if it dips below while the shop owner is not on, it automatically places an order. This would really help during weekdays and late at night when truck deliveries are at a low because there just aren't orders being placed. I'm EST and generally by the time I get on, delivery mania is over. I wish there more of a player driven nighttime economy. 

+1

I say just revert the changes, truck jobs are bad as it is and this doesnt really help.

I want to say -1 on this solely because from a delivery driver's POV it's nice to get an actual interaction out of a delivery rather than more numbers on the screen.

If shops can add their tip through the delivery interface they don't have to interact with the driver at all via tweedle/phone/in person for them to get the additional money- they just type it in and forget it. Currently it's nice when you do a delivery advertised as offering extra on Tweedle etc. as it feels special and includes some interaction.

Also, without a minimum amount set this would just end up as another £1 - £1,000 job fest like fuel jobs with people getting friends or other workers to do the deliveries to maximise profit.
I feel like delivery jobs need a bit of a general overhaul and balancing such as was mentioned in the thread below, and the ability to change the delivery price or have distance play a part could be part of that.

General trucking post made not too long ago:

I and a few others are also trying to pursue improving the trucking jobs within RP, but this is obviously a slow burn type deal and is uncertain what kind of impact it can have. Also the recent changes to deliveries being paid by businesses alters how we are going to have to go about it now which further complicated the RP route.

I had an idea just now.

How about having player owned freight companies? The business then has to contact one of these and to arrange collection & delivery and the freight company sets the price?

Delivery could be completed in a similar way to a car sale at a dealership, the driver hands the clipboard to someone at the business with the right employee level who signs the delivery paperwork which then makes the payment for the delivery and delivers the goods?

This could also allow for smaller delivery companies to operate with vans to do smaller delivery jobs would encourage RP in two ways, initially contacting the freight company and finally at the delivery address.

I'd like to see shops be able to set an item threshold minimum so if it dips below while the shop owner is not on, it automatically places an order. This would really help during weekdays and late at night when truck deliveries are at a low because there just aren't orders being placed. I'm EST and generally by the time I get on, delivery mania is over. I wish there more of a player driven nighttime economy. 
As useful as this might be, it would make it far too easy for owners to turn their businesses into passive moneymakers by setting the thresholds once and then never having to check stock levels again.

I agree with you there. I would also split the Orders so there was as many as posible. I would always make it 15k. But now with the new system i bulk order too. Shame realy.

I like the Idea of manualy setting orders. But without the option to only reward 1 pound for a job. I disliked seing fuel jobs like that.

Only issue is when you split orders with the government 10k and organised with a friend you could farm free money essentially because the minimum order is something like only 15k so your getting two thirds free and making insane cash

Back