What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Allow businesses to offer different delivery rates through the PC.

VeganVlad

Unlinked
Hello everyone!

With the recent change where as a business we now cover the 10k charge (Fully agree with this) I think an option to offer an amount of our choosing would be a nice roleplay feature.

If I wanted to be scummy I could offer 5K instead and might wait longer because of better paying jobs.

Or if I wanted something Asap I could offer 15 or 20k instead to make it more desirable. I know this can been offered through adverts but allowing the truckers to see these updated offers on their apps would make things interesting such as causing businesses to out compete in being the best paying. 

Maybe lock it still at 10k minimum and simply allow us to offer more just so some people don't abuse it maybe?  

Cons. 

Dev Time

Pros. 

More options in game. 

Thank you 

show-me-the-money-gif-8.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Only issue is when you split orders with the government 10k and organised with a friend you could farm free money essentially because the minimum order is something like only 15k so your getting two thirds free and making insane cash
I understand that doing that would be a problem, but honestly I'd be more inclined to do them myself now, or get an employee to do it. 
When I dropped 40 orders, it was nice to see people get excited and rush and truckers had stuff to do. 
Now, the number of orders will go down a lot. Even just for the kraken. In august we put up 109 orders in total.
That will probably go down to 1-4 a month now. 

I understand that doing that would be a problem, but honestly I'd be more inclined to do them myself now, or get an employee to do it. 
When I dropped 40 orders, it was nice to see people get excited and rush and truckers had stuff to do. 
Now, the number of orders will go down a lot. Even just for the kraken. In august we put up 109 orders in total.
That will probably go down to 1-4 a month now. 
That is the same for us. I have lowered our limey orders to like weekly big shops to just because it eats the margins on little orders however I want to be able to pay more on the big shop if I choose too 

That is the same for us. I have lowered our limey orders to like weekly big shops to just because it eats the margins on little orders however I want to be able to pay more on the big shop if I choose too 
I agree. 

If it really was to change then just cap it so 10k minimum then you can add on top as a bonus or tip

To offer my perspective on it working for the Wearhouse means I get to see the order webhooks, what other people don't see is how places (I won't name any)are doing things like ordering 10/20 orders of single portable speakers, that's a free 100/200k to someone or a mate or playing the system to get 10k of a order back on small orders and alot of these orders go in at quiet times, or the shops that order 1667 powdered milk multiple times a day it generates so much extra money in the city

I really think if it was set to lower it then you'll get people working like the fuel jobs and just paying £1 and they will pick it up themselves instead to save

There's a easy way to counter the cost of the 10k delivery charge

Adjust your prices to account for the extra cost

An example would be

Ordering ingredients for 1000 pizzas would usually cost £36000, now it will cost you £46000 so the cost of a pizza at base now Goes from £36 up to £46, so just either accept the loss or increase the cost of the pizza

If it really was to change then just cap it so 10k minimum then you can add on top as a bonus or tip

To offer my perspective on it working for the Wearhouse means I get to see the order webhooks, what other people don't see is how places (I won't name any)are doing things like ordering 10/20 orders of single portable speakers, that's a free 100/200k to someone or a mate or playing the system to get 10k of a order back on small orders and alot of these orders go in at quiet times, or the shops that order 1667 powdered milk multiple times a day it generates so much extra money in the city

I really think if it was set to lower it then you'll get people working like the fuel jobs and just paying £1 and they will pick it up themselves instead to save

There's a easy way to counter the cost of the 10k delivery charge

Adjust your prices to account for the extra cost

An example would be

Ordering ingredients for 1000 pizzas would usually cost £36000, now it will cost you £46000 so the cost of a pizza at base now Goes from £36 up to £46, so just either accept the loss or increase the cost of the pizza

Oh, feel free to name me, because I ALWAYS order 1 speaker at a time. 
I do that to create as many orders as possible for truckers, so people have legal jobs to do.
I've REALLY enjoyed dropping all those orders.
I don't have my own people to do them, I post on tweedle, and truckers rush down. 

This won't happen anymore. As I've said, I've made 109 orders in August; honest money for truckers to earn. 
That will now be 1-2 orders instead, which I think is a shame. 

At the same time, someone can jump in a taxi and grind all hours and earn a lot more than a few trucking jobs. 

In general it is a very privileged position we find ourselves in being store owners and I feel like there should be some way officially we can get more benefits for drivers because trucking can be a very good legal earner and I feel like I am just mugging them off really when I need them more than they need me 

I do that to create as many orders as possible for truckers, so people have legal jobs to do.
I don't have my own people to do them, I post on tweedle, and truckers rush down. 

This won't happen anymore. As I've said, I've made 109 orders in August; honest money for truckers to earn. 

At the same time, someone can jump in a taxi and grind all hours and earn a lot more than a few trucking jobs. 

Unfortunately that is the case and bang on the money. With the amount of money per order being 10k now less orders will be made and people will just do 1 massive order every 1 or 2 weeks which means one less legal job to do and again "forcing" people to either go to selling coke or taxing.

Unfortunately that is the case and bang on the money. With the amount of money per order being 10k now less orders will be made and people will just do 1 massive order every 1 or 2 weeks which means one less legal job to do and again "forcing" people to either go to selling coke or taxing.
Exactly. 
It is already "tough" making money in the city legally, now even more so. 

I diden't mean you, your orders diden't seem to weird tbh but I mean there was one place ordering like 20 speakers every morning, places like that, but I'm only speculateing on the reason as I can only go on what I asume they changed it for

I don't mind the charge, buisnesses can earn enougth money to cover the costs it's not a problem

I see why they changed who pays the fee as it was easily abused before as Samuel says.

Aside from a general rebalance/rework which trucking could do with long-term, a short term compromise could be:

1. 50/50 cost split between business and govt. (Businesses get a bit of help toward the delivery from govt, but still contribute to cost)
2. Set a minimum order value of for example 25-50k. (This will prevent abuse of the govt contribution -  the delivery subsidy will only be 10-20% of the total order., not 66%)
3. Set a moderate maximum. (Prevents deliveries being only in bulk, bring it down to somewhere a bit more frequent to have more jobs)

This is exactly the same with Galaxy, we used to always try give truckers more jobs and we also tipped them if managed to catch them doing the deliveries. Personally I used to order the speakers as and when needed but now with the delivery fee it makes more sense to order things in 1 single order.

Exactly. 
It is already "tough" making money in the city legally, now even more so. 
IMO its tough enough making money in general without being a tax driver or coke its almost like the other jobs dont exist considering their pay is so small, the only realistic way to fix that issue is a dynamic economy that works off which jobs are done the most and reduce their pay if they are overdone while the ones that are less done would increase their pay but this is mostly for legal jobs, as for ilegal stuff more diffrent types drugs need to come

I diden't mean you, your orders diden't seem to weird tbh but I mean there was one place ordering like 20 speakers every morning, places like that, but I'm only speculateing on the reason as I can only go on what I asume they changed it for

I don't mind the charge, buisnesses can earn enougth money to cover the costs it's not a problem
You would be suprised,  after recent changes the money bussinesses get as been massively decreased and this mostly for shops not dealerships which imo are the bigger money making and you also need to keep in mind that bussinesses have to pay employees.

I don't want to name another server so wont unless directly asked by admin in DM but another server I played before coming here had GoPostal and Amazon which were player ran business' and required a player to be employed by them, on shift to do deliveries, they were also physical items being delivered so so required the player to load the item from the warehouse into the van/lorry/trailer drive to the location then unload again at the location, it was possible to have your delivery stolen in transit too I think although I never experienced that.

Doing it this way plus making it so the company owner/manager sets the price of the delivery with multiple delivery companies available would make them be more competitive and open up more job opportunities from small Postal/Courier Services as well as larger Freight deliveries.

for all the people talking about different jobs and stuff, please make a seperate post somewhere so this doesn't get flooded, Ideas are great, make good use of them!

also, remember "crim update" isn't completely done yet

Back