What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Allow Gruppe6/Courts to seize assets and sell at auction.

__RJ__

Recently we have seen a huge surge in the amount of vehicles that have been 'seized and scrapped' to cover fines for unpaid speeding tickets and the values plucked for said assets have caused some 'unhappiness' amongst those at the receiving end.  The process of seizure and scrappage could be improved from both an RP perspective AND citizen happiness level if we were able to switch to an auction process for seized vehicles. Gruppe6 could repo the same way as commercial drivers transfer between garages and I would suggest we have an eBay type script that only Gruppe6 can post seized vehicles into for citizens to bid on vehicles being auctioned.  At the end of the auction the sale price (minus handling costs) are offset against outstanding fines and anything left over goes back to the original vehicle owner.

Pros: Using an app/script would allow everyone to take part without the potential FPS drop if 100 people turned up to a big physical auction which would be almost impossible to manage.  This system would also allow vehicles (some rare and in demand) to remain within the city and go back into circulation rather than disappear. It would also take money out the city economy as people bought up vehicles.  It would also allow some bargains/exciting RP as online bidding heated up.  

Cons: Moving vehicles and ownership to a special Court Garage and transferring ownership to the court might take up dev work. 

I agree the idea of this sounds nice.

On the flipside though, it's already a spectacular amount of Google docs RP to get the the point of scrapping a vehicle. I would hate to see more administration thrown into an already beurocracy ridden process

Back