What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Alternative method for obtaining materials.

Brinks

So I had this idea which I believe is very fitting with the UK theme.

Hear me out... All council estate type areas have scrap men, People who go around in a van/flatbed collecting old washing machines, hoovers, bits of iron and steel etc..

what if this could be used as a way to getting your hands on some crafting materials? especially for those who aren't part of a large group.

I think this could be like the taxi job where you get in your van and toggle the job, then you drive around collecting all the bits of scrap metal and loading them into your van. Once you're finished collecting you can then use a tool to strip down all the old appliances (1-4 mini game) until you're left with a variety of metals that you would otherwise only be able to get from mining and smelting.

as ambitious of a project as this sounds I think this would be very beneficial for the server because at the moment it's very risky for people to go to the mine/smeltery, If you're not in a larger size group you're bound to get robbed at either of these locations, This reinforces the gang mentality within the server which can be overwhelming sometimes.

PROS: If implemented correctly this could be a versatile job for making some cash, obtaining mats and encouraging roleplay via trade with actual characters rather than npc's.

CONS: Could be OP if not balanced correctly, It shouldn't be as profitable as mining/smelting but it also shouldn't be as risky and group dependent. 

scrapman.jpg

Pretty sure this is the intention for the upcoming Garbage job/ bin searching but not too sure if it is the case, if it isn’t, fat +1 on this

I like the idea, any new sorta civilian job is an improvement for the server so +1. 

However, this would be just as risky as going to the mine/smelting alone. Look at how often Taxi drivers/Mechanics are robbed. 

love it. "any old irrrooonnnn"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back