What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Altis Life ?

KeirT

Unlinked
Altis Life has always been the staple for the community, what its foundations were built on and what has allowed the community to grow massively to what it is today, the majority of the people came and got involved in the community through Altis Life.

The community has tried to open up into new markets to try and get more people firstly with DayZ which didn't go well then to go FiveM which boomed. Since it was free it allowed for it to be accessible to everyone and brought with it a fresh new island to allow everyone to start again and to enjoy. Since the boom of FiveM it has constantly even or more active players to Altis Life, this trend seems to be rising with even more players logging onto FiveM every day, now we are all very excited to see FiveM succeed as the demand is huge and the development is fantastic having constant updates and suggestions being implemented, there is still a lot of work ahead of the game. 

Now as wonderful as this is myself and i'm sure many others are wondering of what will come of Altis Life, and how long it will stay supported for as the rumours have it that a new Arma game is approaching will development and additions till be made to the game and if so will it be frequent or will the time between additions get longer. At first i thought that FiveM was just a phase that people are having but as the days go there is no sign whatsoever of the hype stopping. And with numbers on the lower side there is something that could come to give the Altis Life more popularity. A few examples is the dynamic market that will allow for a change up of people doing different runs to mix things up. 

I enjoy playing on both Altis and FiveM massively its very clear that the roleplay on FIveM is far better than the roleplay found on Altis this doesn't mean that the roleplay is bad on altis its just different as there are more realistic features on FiveM and more animations to increase roleplay instead of waving some binoculars to both X Ray someone and to check tire pressure on Altis. I want both to be a valid option to play as it's very hard to have fun and enjoy it when there is no one to speak to and nothing to do. 

Just my thoughts and opinions, i would love to hear what other people think and if it could be constructive and not calling me an idiot would be very appreciated.

KeirT 🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
TL;DR he loves fivem but wonders if there are ways to make altis life more popular, and if there will be continued development.

(I think)

Me opening this post.
tenor.gif

Ok i put it into notepad... can actually read it now!

Altis Life has always been the staple for the community, what its foundations were built on and what has allowed the community to grow massively to what it is today, the majority of the people came and got involved in the community through Altis Life.
Correct, but we acquired the domain Roleplay.co.uk to future proof our self past Arma...  and maybe past this platform PC... who knows what the future might bring!... George made such a video

The community has tried to open up into new markets to try and get more people firstly with DayZ which didn't go well then to go FiveM which boomed.
DayZ was something a small number of people requested, a few of them stepped forward to put some mods together... It was a small community ran project compared to our Arma/FiveM efforts

Since the boom of FiveM it has constantly even or more active players to Altis Life, this trend seems to be rising with even more players logging onto FiveM every day, now we are all very excited to see FiveM succeed as the demand is huge and the development is fantastic having constant updates and suggestions being implemented, there is still a lot of work ahead of the game. 
Don't we know it... Stealthee found out that TBJ is actually younger than him this week! Its amazing what being part of the dev team can do to a person!

Now as wonderful as this is myself and i'm sure many others are wondering of what will come of Altis Life, and how long it will stay supported for as the rumours have it that a new Arma game is approaching will development and additions till be made to the game and if so will it be frequent or will the time between additions get longer.
If you search the forum I once said we would be the last Altis server online... meaning if a new arma game comes out... we will still operate Altis Life on Arma 3 until the day that it is empty for several months, We will have a meeting, speak with the community and make the decision when the time comes

However these rumours are based of people looking at the BIS Jobs list

I heard rumours of Arma 4 in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and again this year.... Its youtubers and streamers talking bollocks/raising the subject again, Until BIS shows a video or announces Arma 4 or whatever it might be called... don't believe it and don't expect it, if it gets announced this year i doubt you will see it until mid to late 2021.

Our Arma team are very much still interested in the development of our Altis life server where Roleplay is concerned

At first i thought that FiveM was just a phase that people are having but as the days go there is no sign whatsoever of the hype stopping. And with numbers on the lower side there is something that could come to give the Altis Life more popularity. A few examples is the dynamic market that will allow for a change up of people doing different runs to mix things up. 
We have a suggestion area for this sort of thing

I enjoy playing on both Altis and FiveM massively its very clear that the roleplay on FIveM is far better than the roleplay found on Altis this doesn't mean that the roleplay is bad on altis its just different as there are more realistic features on FiveM and more animations to increase roleplay instead of waving some binoculars to both X Ray someone and to check tire pressure on Altis. I want both to be a valid option to play as it's very hard to have fun and enjoy it when there is no one to speak to and nothing to do. 
They both bring different experiences and opportunities

Just my thoughts and opinions, i would love to hear what other people think and if it could be constructive and not calling me an idiot would be very appreciated.
You know what I am going to call you for changing the font and colour!

I mean I like the FiveM server and I enjoy the Altis Life server as you said the Altis server's standard of RP has drastically changed due in part to the economic issue. But as far as the FiveM server stands to say that it will topple the Altis life server I douth the current climate IRL means that a large majority of people are/were housebound in the UK and in other countries due to Covid-19 so this to me explains the reason for why the FiveM server has had such a boom in players also with GTA being free for a period of time it meant that it was more accessible to many people who either dint have the funds to buy it or for whatever other reason they had for not owning it. 

My only and main criticism's to the FiveM server is that it can at times feel like a copy and paste of the Arma server due in part to the Arma serves simplified formate but I think that this may be a big turn off for long time players of FiveM as there are numerous more servers that tbh do FiveM better than the current RPUK server (this is because they have either been developing for a substantial amount of time, im not calling the RPUK FiveM devs bad they are an excellent team giving there own time and effort to provide a fun environment to play) what I am saying is that the FiveM server needs to be unique from the Arma server that makes newcomers to the community wanna stay and makes long-standing members have a new and better adventure instead of the same bland 3 stage jobs. Also, another issue I have seen starting to creep onto the FiveM server is people neglecting their obligation to Roleplay in a fair manner at the end of the day I know that some rules have been removed from the FiveM server for the sake of more RP but the next time someone runs me over without any prior Roleplay im gonna start swinging windmills 

@Wilco 

Has been edited to a more readable font and colour, your saying this to some one who uses discord light mode 😞 

https://gyazo.com/0ec9cde4eac20d8ee27b4d1048abf78d  😉

Thank you very much for your time taken to reply commenting on every section, answers all my questions, i believe the dynamic market was already brought up some point may be wrong on that one. Just wanted some insight if there is planned and maintained development and when you stated,

If you search the forum I once said we would be the last Altis server online... meaning if a new arma game comes out... we will still operate Altis Life on Arma 3 until the day that it is empty for several months, We will have a meeting, speak with the community and make the decision when the time comes
fully understand you will be staying on Arma 3 until the population leaves, what im thinking is when u said until the server is empty, now to me it would only be empty if the community members have moved on and found an alternative place to play on the new Arma 4. So would it not be in the best interest of everyone to discuss the future of Arma and what one will be played on as soon as any a solid release confirmation occurs, if you look at Arma 2 communities they lived on a little but the larger majority of people went to Arma 3 shrinking the Arma 2 communities. 

When the release of Arma 3 occurred it took a few months to get popular and when it did it shrunk the base game players, as seen in the gyazos of Steam Charts

https://gyazo.com/4997baa98e5c350a56428e92be2937c2

https://gyazo.com/d8cef58d0592f272ca0e9b64d4a15d65

Here we see in mid 2014 the player base of Arma 2 dropped and Arma 3 started up again the only reason people stuck with Arma 2 was due to the release of operation arrowhead which added new life to the game. 

Would it not be worth the risk of getting into Arma 4 quickly and being one of the first life servers out there ? 

Thank you for your time 😛 

** I said "Arma" 11 times yikes **

Would it not be worth the risk of getting into Arma 4 quickly and being one of the first life servers out there ? 
It could head the same way battlefield did, who knows! you don't know i don't know! One day BIS will go where the money is... hopefully not with Arma 4 or whatever it might be called

Until we know more details nothing is in progress and its not worth even thinking about, You are talking about a game that most likely will not be out within the next 2 years.

I hope you are not naive and you are not believing what a certain geordie streamer and his chat are saying or coming up with, that would be foolish!

Back