What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

AMD crashes

Cactus Jack

My AMD will randomly chrash after 15minutes to an hour when I launched a game. It will pop up that an error has occured and will stop my recording. Anyone with the same issue or a fix?

You mean recording software crash or computer crash? Or game crash? Doesn't make it clear.  What are your other specs? What are your idle temps and program running temps?

My amd crashes 

:) 

Yeah more details needed or troll 

It will chrash my AMD software making me not able to record any further. I can still play the game. Tempetures are around 40 degrees My specs are:

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Manufacturer

Intel

Speed

3.4 GHz

Number of Cores

Video Card

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Manufacturer

ATI

Chipset

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Dedicated Memory

4096 MB

Total Memory

4.0 GB

Memory

16 GB

Operating System          

Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

Service Pack

Size

64 Bit

Edition

Have you got the latest drivers for the graphics cards and most recent Windows update? Is your software up to date as well? @Zeito @lionel be this mans doctors.

@Rhyx I believe the problem is it's AMD.

All joking aside - can you give us the error message that's shown? Or is there anything in your event logs?

Click start and in the Run/Search box type 'eventvwr' and press enter. Expand Windows Logs, and look under Application for the crash then paste us the details here.

@Zeito Thanks for repsonding so quick. I cant find any logs of the AMD chrash. It just crashed 15 minutes ago, but the logs only show a VSS chrash an hour ago.

@Zeito Thanks for repsonding so quick. I cant find any logs of the AMD chrash. It just crashed 15 minutes ago, but the logs only show a VSS chrash an hour ago.
Hmm there should be a log. What kind of error are you getting specifically?

Any AMD card i had used to notoriously crash it's driver and i'd get a balloon-tip message saying "Display driver and stopped Working and recovered" - and the screen would flicker as the GPU was redetected. It was a pain in the ass. Is this what you're getting, or is it the Raptr application itself crashing?

If the displaydriver craps out while recording, i imagine it would crash raptr as it must hook in to the GPU driver some way to record what's going on.

So are we talking the above balloon tip, or a general pop-up critical error?

Back