What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

An Open Letter To Wilco

The world is full of differences in opinions.  If it was not would we still not believe the world was flat?  That the sun revolved around us?  To fly of the hilt because someone has a different opinion is wrong and to be banned for it is even worse.  I am failing to see how there was even any attack.

This sounds more of a misunderstanding of events in my opinion.
Difference in opinion did not bring change in the belief of those things, proof did. Difference in opinion is a catalyst for trouble, if the world was perfect we would like in an authoritarian state where we all wore white suits swallowing the blue pill in the morning and the red at night.

This thread has become a bit TL;DR but it is valid. 

I'll add to it with my opinions. Why not?

Firstly I can assure everyone that the Admins do talk things through and often disagree with decisions and state differing opinions. They all try to do it away from the forums because frankly it looks bad to have a split admin team. But yes; they all feel able enough to disagree and speak out if something is going to be good / bad for the community. 

Lexi, for what it's worth I do feel you should still be part of the community but I do disagree with what you said... Not whether or not dyslexia is a disability, I don't care. I disagree that it was an issue that needed to be discussed here. It did seem harsh and I'm saying that as a bloke who generally quite impartial. You did mention it quite a few times and you have here (in this thread) again. Honestly, just drop the issue. If you want back in you are doing it wrong! Just say you are sorry without pushing the issue once again. 

Wilco for me has gone from being a bloke who owned the server I played on and dished out the bans to being someone I consider a good friend. I've disagreed with him over a few things and talked straight to him about it, which he does npt have to do as I'm just a forum mod, not an admin. He is approachable and a decent bloke. Honestly it seemed like a personal campaign against him with all the dyslexia comments. So Let's drop all that now: It's irrelevant. 

I've not really seen Wilco get mad though I have seen him stressed. He has a bigger picture in mind to push the community forward and these sort of things are like a negative distraction. Sometimes a simple sorry is enough and he is the sort of bloke who would accept that. 

TL;DR: Personally, I think you should be allowed back, Lexi. You need to drop the arguing thing though! I know you put a lot of time and effort into AEGIS and clearly you are an intelligent lass but you are playing on someone's server by their grace. You may not always agree with what's said or certain rules but you have to accept that it seemed a bit personal in what you said and a simple apology and admission of being wrong would go a lot further than perpetuating the argument. 

Either way, good luck chuck!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has become a bit TL;DR but it is valid. 

Lexi, for what it's worth I do feel you should still be part of the community but I do disagree with what you said... Not whether or not dyslexia is a disability or not, I don't care. I disagree that it was an issue that needed to be discussed here. It did seem harsh and I'm saying that as a bloke who generally quite impartial. You did mention quite a few times and you have here again. Honestly, just drop the issue. If you want back in you are doing it wrong! Just say you are sorry without pushing the issue once again. 
@Reverend That's honestly all I want, I'm not the one who brought it up but due to the fact it was seemingly the reason I was banned meant that I had to address it. I'm sorry if it seemed like a "personal attack" in any way, I just wanted to clarify what was said (which again, none of you seem to understand my POV as the logs haven't been published). I had to fight my corner as I was needlessly insulted several times and did not want people to take on the narrative that Wilco was pushing, I was advocating my view that it was a huge misunderstanding which got absolutely flattened when Wilco removed any way of me being able to respond.

I may have upset Wilco, but I never resorted to insulting him. Taken from the main page (which really people should read but I guess people aren't):

“…I haven't got the time for young girls who have just left UNI with no life experience to come on here with there narrow minded views…” - Wilco

“…no doubt she is not going to go very far in life...” - Wilco

“…If you check her forum account you will notice nothing but negativity since she has been here…” - Wilco

I'm sorry, that's just hurtful, no matter who you are. I was just as bad changing my profile to definitions of dyslexia, but from my perspective: I was mad and what I put on my profile surely is just mine? Retrospectively I know it was wrong but in the heat of the moment I just threw it on there. Wilco had time to consider things and still wrote that hateful stuff about me, how would you feel approaching such a person to apologise?

Is it any surprise it has taken this long to make a (new) account? My old one was wiped... I took that as a sign I wasn't wanted. I wrote an open letter thinking it'd reach Wilco. It didn't. My unban request was denied on the basis of stuff that was in my letter. I made an addendum as I thought it was unfair (considering I had almost done everything Wilco advised, word-for-word). 

TL;DR: Personally, I think you should be allowed back, Lexi. You need to drop the arguing thing though! I know you put a lot of time and effort into AEGIS and clearly you are an intelligent lass but you are playing on someone's server by their grace. You may not always agree with what's said or certain rules but you have to accept that it seemed a bit personal in what you said and a simple apology and admission of being wrong would go a lot further than perpetuating the argument. 
This is what I tried to do in my first unban request, only for it to be shot down on the basis of other reasons, hence why I added the addendum (as I was under the impression that my Open Letter had already been received by Wilco and the points he made were all addressed therein).

I accept that Wilco took whatever I said personally, I am truly sorry for that, as I have said multiple times. I would "admit" what I did was wrong only... none of you have read what was put between Wilco and I, as I have tried to make clear several times, I am sorry for upsetting him. 

I totally get it, I really do. 

I can see that what Wilco wrote was hurtful and I dare say that much like the status you are referring to, it was written in anger. I don't agree with much of it but that's the trouble with opinions, they are based on people's convictions which are based on their experiences. 

I'll waffle on for a bit here about when I was a much younger man: I was at one time very opinionated and outspoken, often borderline argumentative and it was usually over things that did not amount to much or were not really my place to speak out about. As I got older I noticed that it led to a lot of arguments and even when confronted with facts that my opinions were in fact wrong, I'd still back them up because I am by nature a stubborn bastard. I've mellowed a lot as I've got older and come to some funny realisations.

I know a lot of dyslexic people whose writing does make me want to throw an autocorrect them. (I'm far from perfect by the way!) But these folks in pretty much every case excel at something else: Engineering, art, building, coding, website designing - a whole host of things.  I also know a heck of a lot of folks with a host of qualifications that can't get a decent job... You can't judge a book by it's cover. 

This is Wilco's community and I can't see any of us building it from scratch ourselves or overcoming the issues he'd had to. It's been an eye opener since becoming forum mod, I get to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff that everyone takes for granted: Like the time Wilco was up for the best part of 48 hours trying to fix a DDOS attack so everyone could keep playing. He was literally closing ports as they were getting attacked. Fuck that - That's not a level of dedication I would have. That's just one example - He never stops. 

So what I'm saying is, he does not need the drama or the hassle. What does it matter if anyone is dyslexic or what it's classed as? I know for a fact that if you simply said "Sorry, can we forget about the whole thing and I will be a little less forthcoming with my opinions in the future" - Then things would have been cool. It's not worth arguing about and if you saw all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes then I think you'd get why it was deemed a non issue.

Having said all that, I wish ya luck!  ;) I've waffled and I'm off to play games. 

Ok I think it's time I gave my opinions on this topic. And I'll try keep it short as well. (didn't really happen :< )

I know Lexi pretty well. She's a great RP'er if nothing else, and contributed a lot to the NHS. That should never be forgotten or ignored. 

Yes, like most people, she has some character flaws. Talking down to people and trying to get her own way. But I have flaws too. I can be lazy and self-centered. Anyone who doesn't have a flaw please say so. 

--------------------------------------

Now in regards to the conversation that resulted in Lexi and others getting banned:

What she said wasn't meant to be offensive or negative. And she has apologized for it.
Banning her did mean she couldn't dispute,debate, apologize or discuss it. 

Wilco you had every right to ban her due to what was said. You are the boss here. But what me, and others here would like is for you to take the high road, and forgive her, on this single occasion. 

There are people who are more toxic and harm this community a lot more, than Lexi ever did or will do should she return, that have been un-banned. Not because it was wrong to un-ban them. But because anyone who has apologized from what they did wrong sincerely, in my opinion, deserves a second chance.

And that's something I as a human being, believe and live by. 

--------------------------------------

Now I have very little weight around here. I usually stay quiet for the greater good and resolve things peacefully. And since I've been CMO (4-5 months) I've never really asked for anything. I think once, I asked Ciaran to do something because someone else needed me, to help them. And everyone agreed it needed it. 

I'm asking for a second. 

I'd like Lexi to be un-banned please. We can discuss the events and talk about them between Lexi, The Admins and myself and see if we can't resolve it.

We've made mistakes, and done things we shouldn't off. Admins, Police, Rebels and Medics. But everyone who's apologized has typically gotten a second chance or more. Please think about doing the same here. 

I too like to remain quiet and not rock the boat but on this occasion i have to step up.  I completely concur with you Sean and second your opinion.  Please give her the chance she deserves and give her the opportunity to prove that she can be the asset to this community that I believe she can be.

Thank you 

Thanatos

I also agree she was one of the best RPers in the NHS and definetly deserves a second chance, not up to me though :) .

I think its for the best if we let this thread die amongst many others. To Lexi:

During my time here I have seen people recieving a community ban. It is part of how it works here, try again at a later date when Wilco has calmed down a little bit. DO NOT Provoke him, he will only get more mad at you.

I feel she deserves a second chance, @Wilco lets just forgive and forget we all make mistakes once in a while and we only learn from them, Lexi really is sorry for her actions ( that I can gather from her posts ) and wilco if you made a mistake would you not want a second chance? Put yourself in her shoes, she made a mistake we get it, but mistakes only guide us to being a better person. Thanks wilco.

Back