What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

[ANC] Altis News Crew (Need an admin to read as well)

sdtwbaj

The Altis News Crew is your premiere source for your news around Altis! Everything from elections to bloody shootouts to scandals, we have you covered! We dig up the details so you know just a little bit more about the world around you.

For individuals looking into the press:

We need the following...

Writers

Editors

Bodyguards

Hosts

Contact Paul Ricardo ingame, or me on the forums for more details.

For individuals seeking to be interviewed:

We interview individuals in Pyrgos. If you happen to be wanted or otherwise not liked by law enforcement or hunters, we can arrange a secure place to chat. Contact Paul Ricardo ingame.

*Full disclosure, I have a high voice. If you dislike that or cannot handle it, please do not contact me for an interview if you will not be willing.

For Advertisers:

If you wish to run an advert on our news bulletins, please contact me here on the forums. All transactions are ingame money. Contact me for further details.

For admins:

If possible, we'd like an ingame newspaper plugin, and if not we could potentially have a press sub forum, potentially? Just a thought.

Also, can we have access to 'News drones' I.e AR-2 Darters? We will not abuse them/use them illegally/etc, contact me with further concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
For admins:
If possible, we'd like an ingame newspaper plugin, and if not we could potentially have a press sub forum, potentially? Just a thought.

This! 

I dont think there is a single person on ALUK that will dislike this! Please repost this suggestion on the suggestion subforum!

+1

-CSO Simen

For admins:

This! 

I dont think there is a single person on ALUK that will dislike this! Please repost this suggestion on the suggestion subforum!

+1

-CSO Simen

Double Post...

I think press should get paid somehow for the stories they make. Maybe the mayor could pay people for stories based on the likes the post gets on the forum? 

The problem is even in full press gear with a vest and a press based gang you get restrained or asked to leave the area alot.

Ive had some great stories that i really wanted to make into articles but 'for my own safety' Ive never got all the footage I want.

I have had some awesome ones where the police rp well with you, ive even been taken on a health and safety inspection of kavala police station but for all that good rp theres always trolls, once got sacrificed in a church because someone believed that reporting negative news was evil.

I think they should change the post office to become BBC ALTIS so that news reporters can have somewhere to meet and discuss and maybe get a better scope on the larger stories 

Guess I got some competition then..

As for the news plugin, maybe with the new mod launcher they can make a camera, but a full plugin will probably not work on this community as it would require everyone to download it, and one of the main goals of @Wilco has always been a open and accesible server to anyone who owns arma3.

As for the darter, like I said in your other post, it is impossible. Arma3 doesn't allow independent to use the drones. Only bluefor and opfor. And since police are bluefor and there is no opfor, I can hardly see them go through all the work of making opfor available just for press.. If it was made available, I am pretty sure the whitelisted rebels would get it. So forget the idea of the drones.

Actually they can if they assemble the drone from a UAV Backpack
Doesn't work for independent... at least not on this server. Whitelisted rebels asked for this multiple times but it was always said that it can only be used by bluefor or opfor.

Back