What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Any classic good books to read?

SlimShady

Veni, Vidi, Vici.
My internet is currently being controlled by my father so i cant play to often...

Anyone know any good books i can pass time with when i don't play on RPUK?

The fault in our stars is a classic romance novel, filled with intense relationships and extremely sad scenes. A classic novel for people who really do like a heartbreaking end to the day.

An amazing book, absolutely, 100%, 10/10 recommend this extraduinarily amazing book. 

Jkes,

- Jackdevoo 😁

I don't know how old you are but the only series of books I've ever seriously taken to and  read have been 'Cherub' by Robert Muchamore (I think! I might be wrong but google will tell you!)

I don't know how old you are but the only series of books I've ever seriously taken to and  read have been 'Cherub' by Robert Muchamore (I think! I might be wrong but google will tell you!)
+1, read this whole series a few years ago and it was amazing. 

Harry potter books are also amazing, even if you've already read them.

If you like fantasy novels and want something with lots of content read Magician by Ramond E Feist. It's the first book at the riftwar series. 

I read these a while ago and they are amazing.

However, if you're into factual books that repeat historical events I recommend Bill O'Reilly. He's an American news reporter who's written quite a few books some for example are:

Killing Jesus (The story of how Jesus died), Killing Patton (A WW2 General), Killing the Rising Sun (The story of the war between the Japenese and Americans during WW2 loosely based of the series 'The Pacific'), Killing Reagan (40th President of the USA).

There are many more just google Bill O'Reilly killing series or find it here

Really depends what genre you are into. 
This.

I saw the thread title and was going to reply, but without knowing the type of things you may enjoy it's a pretty hard question answer.

I do have one recommendation that I can give and that is Weaveworld by Clive Barker. It's a book I've read multiple times. It's a dark fantasy book and has some really interesting characters in it such as Shadwell, a cunning salesman with a very alluring jacket.

It's a book that I had always hoped they would make into a movie, but when I first read it the only way to do it any type of justice would have been to animate it, but with modern CGI it's now possible.

Just had a quick search and apparently it is being made into a TV series by CBS with Clive Barker as executive producer, although the fact that it "will receive a makeover from a yet-to-be-named writer" does fill me with a sense of trepidation.

The CW’s planned modern retelling of Barker’s 1980s-set book was going to focus on a modern day app designer and a “a young pastry chef who has just discovered that she is destined to be guardian of a mythological realm that can be accessed through a portal in an old Savannah mansion.”

A book I liked to read was "The martian" It's a book about a man named Mark Watney who gets stuck on mars durning a nasa mission and now he's trying to survive. 

It's a really good book imo 

"The Great Gatsby"

If you haven't read it yet. It really is a enjoyable book.

Thanks for all the responses, Ill try answer some questions briefly...

Im 16 and since there arent lots of exams for some time now i am going to start reading again...

i havent read any of the books above (YET) other then the harry potter series and i saw the movie "the martian" so its kind of spoiled for me...

I read every type of genre and prefer books that are either action / thriller / fantasy ...

Ill be sure to read every book from the comments above when im not on RPUK and school... thanks again.

Kind Regards,

SlimShady

Back