What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Anyone else think police are too fast to shoot before trying to have fun rping?

matt1998

Just feel like I've been apart of too many problems where the cop is more focused on where to shoot me, than how to talk to me. whenever I've held back to try rp the cop will just take it as the chance to taze, or even kill, and end it.

Want to help you best you can so i have some questions for you:

1. How are you Trying to RP with them?
  2. Are you being hostile?
  3. What are you normally doing when you encounter cops?

Whenever im on patrol I rarely use my gun if im honest its normally the other way around and I have rebels shooting me with next to nothing RP. Its not the police as a whole its certain individuals if you feel its fail rp then talk to the officer on Teamspeak :p  

I recently joined back so im only a blueberry so doesn't apply to me as much.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. usually ask firstly that they back off or don't push towards me.

2. voice may be raised to ensure they have heard me, if they fail to back off I then warn them that if they push further i will open fire (at this point they haven't even tried to talk to me and will have raised their firearms aiming towards me and if i continue to warn them it rather goes to ways) first way: they push and tazer me straight away still not saying anything before im cuffed. second way: im forced to open fire.

3. hmm different occasions, could be robbing or finished robbing someone etc. failing to stop to sirens. Pretty much anything and they'll just come out of the blue.

Most cops (I say most as there are always a few no matter how much you try) will always try to RP and we do tend to go along with a lot of RP storys. If you want the police officer to give you a better RP experiance then you might want to try doing a few things (Not saying you don't this is just a general thing for RPing for all people)

1. Be polite - There is a line and even we don't want people talking to us like dirt

2. Don't take this piss- If you are wanted and get pulled over dont use the "Oh this is a friends car, yes I know he is wanted for 3 million pounds but deep down he is a nice guy who lends his cars out to close friends"

3. Give us a good RP story to go with- If you give us something to go with then we can make everything in to a lot of fun. I have personaly done some "Interesting" rp, once including a man who had a penguin in the back of his truck boxer so the doors couldn't be opened or the penguin could die from heat so he had to go to the ice factory, so if you give us the story we will go along

4. If you see the police officer is in a bad mood, try to cheer him up- We have to go through a shift (Some of us do 2 4hour stints a day) of people trying to RDM, bait cops and just be Rude and give us bad RP so try to make you be that person that just makes us simile and remember why we joined the police as many of us joined as we all enjoy great RP from the low ranks of PC all the way up to CSI, we all love the RP that makes the server great so help us by doing your part in making the RP fun.

- To summarize 

Give us a good RP situation and we will give you one. 

Simple; don't issue compliance and you won't get killed/shot. If the police grt threatened like that of course they're going to take action with their gun. What do you expect, roleplay bullets?

The reason why police react like this is because we get this everyday 'officer if you don't back off in 5 seconds you'll all die' *3seconds later they're all dead*.

You expect quality rp/ respect from the cops; show us a little and I guarantee in most cases you'll make a healthy return.

With the exception of a minimal amount of blueberries/PC's and barely any SPC's of whom you will struggle to not get a rubber bullet from. This is purely because they're still learning their role within the force, how to roleplay properly as a cop and they're generally paranoid as to when the next time they'll die will be. ( life expectsncy's for a PCSO-SPC are extremely short )

Simple; don't issue compliance and you won't get killed/shot. If the police grt threatened like that of course they're going to take action with their gun. What do you expect, roleplay bullets?

The reason why police react like this is because we get this everyday 'officer if you don't back off in 5 seconds you'll all die' *3seconds later they're all dead*.

You expect quality rp/ respect from the cops; show us a little and I guarantee in most cases you'll make a healthy return.

With the exception of a minimal amount of blueberries/PC's and barely any SPC's of whom you will struggle to not get a rubber bullet from. This is purely because they're still learning their role within the force, how to roleplay properly as a cop and they're generally paranoid as to when the next time they'll die will be. ( life expectsncy's for a PCSO-SPC are extremely short )
Im a blueberry and I live for quite a while thank you very much :p  

1. usually ask firstly that they back off or don't push towards me.

2. voice may be raised to ensure they have heard me, if they fail to back off I then warn them that if they push further i will open fire (at this point they haven't even tried to talk to me and will have raised their firearms aiming towards me and if i continue to warn them it rather goes to ways) first way: they push and tazer me straight away still not saying anything before im cuffed. second way: im forced to open fire.

3. hmm different occasions, could be robbing or finished robbing someone etc. failing to stop to sirens. Pretty much anything and they'll just come out of the blue.
1. Telling an officer to back off is not really giving much role play, they are role playing as police and they will be hostile towards you if you don't listen.

2. Threatening a police officer is crossing the line into their lives may be in danger and you may be a risk to yourself or someone else and need you stopped. At this point force could be used against you since you are now considered to be a threat to the public. Police are still role playing as police.

3. Failing to stop for the police means that well first off you have something to hid and if you have crashed or not the police don't know what you are capable of, so police will be a little less friendly with you. They are still role playing as police.

End. At the end of the day you have to understand that police have a job to do and that to protect the public and try and keep everyone safe. You can't go and point a gun at an officer and threaten to kill them and expect that they won't shoot you. Maybe be a bit more friendly towards us. Instead of threatening to end our lives role play saying that you don't want the police to come near since you are only trying to get money for your kids and you are scared enough. Surely the police will role play and negotiate a deal and have you come out of the situation peacefully.

I found that 80% of the police are pretty bad or have no interest in RP, but that has changed somewhat in last few days, I think I must be getting the better ones now as I changed my play time.

I had RP where I was selling weed and claimed I was cutting the garden behind the Kavala dealer, The PC checked my details and found my "number" in yellowpages as a gardener lol, Got away with it as I let him search my van and wondered why I was 'sweating' so much, because I still had handful of weed in my bag.

The last few days have been my most enjoyable because my interactions with the police have been fun, even last night the police not responding to a bank robbery because they was dealing with me in my "ARAC" prison jumpsuit with my name D.O.C on front and being IN withmy MATE on the back lol. RIP glasses you will be missed.

Right, so your getting salty because you get aimed upon when you have a weapon out more than likely threatening innocent civilians for money, clothing etc. Now I'm not too sure what you expect cops to do in this situation as if you look threatening they will pacify you by issuing compliance whilst being hesitant as you may just start shooting after compliance which happens extremely often in these situations, if you threaten them they have no choice but to position themselves in case a firefight happens and will more than likely call for backup to ensure that things don't get out of hands.

You can't roleplay with a cop with a gun out unless you roleplay it extremely well, If you have committed a crime with officers in earshot and you are armed they are not just going to waltz over and be like 'alright lad how's your day going' of course they will be issuing compliance and be ready to engage in combat if you sound like you want a firefight...

If you want to RP, don't do it with rifles and certainly don't expect great RP if you have just committed a crime in front of an officer, because officers deal with the situations every day. There is a good saying that you can only RP to the ability that the situation lets you, Be creative and imaginative and I'm sure you will have some great RP with the officers on this fine server as majority of the officers here have exceptional RP.

-Vixxy

I found that 80% of the police are pretty bad or have no interest in RP, but that has changed somewhat in last few days, I think I must be getting the better ones now as I changed my play time.
Saying that the majority of the force lacks in roleplay quality isn't exactly what anyone expects to hear. It's like me saying that all members of certain rebel groups lack roleplay. Pretty sure they'd be pissed.

What officers are these? Ranks? What time is it you used to play? Maybe it's not just the roleplay they are giving, maybe you also have fault in your own? 

Glad to see it has 'improved' since you changed your play times.

(bit of an ol post in commenting on but I haven't seen it before)

Same excuse all the time. ' you have a weapon.. issued compliance, of course they'd shoot or start something ' Well no.I think you'd find they WOULDN'T. In real life if an obvious and violent man was found with a weapon they would first Talk to him if possible - With a few hints of ' C'mon, just drop the weapon sir '. Common lines like ' Stay back officer, don't come any closer ' Would not be taken as ' alright let's just taze the fucker ' and they would continue to negotiate.

I've literally  been in a police chase with them shooting at my car, we have swerved and hit into a police car leading to both parties barrel rolling and crashing, got OUT the car, and been pointed at by AR laser weaponry and told ' HANDS UP! ' Whilst crawling and screaming about how my legs are broken and i can't stop bleeding. They stood,weapons raise gormlous as **** And continued to shout ' Naah hands up! ' 

... Couldn't stop laughing in TS about that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saying that the majority of the force lacks in roleplay quality isn't exactly what anyone expects to hear. It's like me saying that all members of certain rebel groups lack roleplay. Pretty sure they'd be pissed.

What officers are these? Ranks? What time is it you used to play? Maybe it's not just the roleplay they are giving, maybe you also have fault in your own? 

Glad to see it has 'improved' since you changed your play times.

(bit of an ol post in commenting on but I haven't seen it before)
Ranks are normally SPC or lower, SGT and above are giving me better RP, I have had alot better RP experiences in last few weeks as I playing slightly earlier in the day, even some the new blueberries are giving some pretty fun RP. I've gotten off a pretty large amounts jail time due to some interesting RP, from being a Kavala window cleaner or someone who does house clearing for people hence why my boxer truck is parked in old Kavala drug den, the funny smells from my truck are infact moldy old carpets.

I think my main problem is I try to RP and normal response is "Sorry have to go, got another thing we need to do" jump into their cars and off they go, I know cops have to deal with alot of crap going off but cutting any kinda RP short with the same line makes me think that most cops are just out to fight.

All that being said I still stick with 50-60% of the police are not interested in or are not good at giving RP, they are the front line of the server not just for law enforcement but also for me trying to set a standard of RP that should be in my opinion better than average joe hobo. In last 10 times I been arrested 4 people have given me good RP that I hope to use to myself sometime, 4 out of them gave me simple arresting i.e 'The right of silence' followed with "do you need food or water before your sent to prison" and last 2 people gave me no right of silence, nor told me on what charges I was being arrested for let alone why I was being sent to prison.

But this topic is massively derailed now.

So to go back to topic, Yes I feel police are to fast to shoot most of the time, but then again rebels/hobos often don't give them much choice so it's kinda round about  most police don't RP because most rebel/hobos don't RP because rebels think that police don't RP.

the way i look at it is you get out of it what you put in , if you openly try and role play with the police then they will roleplay back, if you threaten them then all bets are off and you take your chances. What i will say though is i have seen a massive improvement in police role play in the last few months which can only benefit the community, keep it up 

Right police are given such a bad light about rp we are not here to shoot and kill you but when you are threatenedand told to do something they HAVE to value there life by police rules so for example if you are telling them to back of they have 2 options take control of a dangerous man with a firearm or if you fear your life backaway,but wheres the rp in that, if you instead asked an officer to put his gun on his back as youd lke to talk he would more than well be happy to do so. so many civs give grief about bad rp to cops when in reality due to the rules and restrictions of the police it is hard for an officer to create an rp situation, i personally think it is down to how a civ interacts with a cop and sets up a position to allow the cop to roleplay. when i played rebel not once did i get sent to prison, why because i roleplayed with the cops and had a creative and fun roleplay situation for the cop to follow, i even went to the extent of putting my gun away and allowing the cop to restrain me to allow him to feel safe so we could rp better. every cop that is not in training will allow you to rp if you allow them to be in a situation in which they can rp, an example of this is SI Spunkybumlove a few months ago i did a gas station robbery in which i had 3 7.62 snipers in the area but instead of using them or threatening him straight away i put my gun away and started speaking to spunky and allowed him to restrain me putting him in a situation that he could roleplay in, so i created a story of a marmite monster lurking the island and i was hunting it (why i had an illegal firearm) and because i put him in this situation it allowed the officer to leave his AR patrol and help hunt the marmite monster on the island next to old black market he even went to the extent to get whitelisted for mpu and get simsy to come on as a civ and parachute down onto the island in a ghille suit as the marmite monster we speant about 2 hours rping because i allowed him to be in a position to rp i didnt tell him i have snipers in the area as it is his job to arrest them and for him to escape with his life so rp would have dramtically decreased i know its a rant but civs dont understand it as most of the people saying it have either not been in the cops or speant a large amount of time as a rebel .

Back