What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Are Poseidon allowed to instantly unrestrain people that are in handcuffs

Zipties can be cut with a knife. Handcuffs can be lock picked. Shouldn’t poseidon just lockpick it? Or provide the lockpick RP

@ReissMate That’s a good question. Normally I would have said that ofc lockpicking it (enough time to lockpicking) should be used at all times but I witnessed a different approach yesterday where I was in cuffs and the officer who had restrained me died right next to me, and my guys came over and took the keys to the cuffs off the officer who was lying next to me. I can stand behind that as that’s as realistic as lockpicking.

Do you have an example of Poseidon (or anyone else) not RP’ing the lockpicking then please bring it to a member of staff and we’ll deal with the person. Most likely we’ll issue a warning ⚠️ So we have it on file that it’s occurred previously in case it happens again. Sounds good?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just curious because i know Poseidon can just windows key and unrestrain and it happens SOOOO often, I just wanted to get a solid  answer because rebels have to lockpick no matter what so why should Poseidon be any different.

This is one of the main reasons why we added a rule that restraining and unrestraining must be done within RP so that cops/Poseidon don't abuse their whitelisted powers as well as just add more roleplay.

We have always told people to either lockpick or do the scared animation and then unrestrain to not do it instantly its just a problem we have since we can interact with each others ziptied/handcuffed people. police do the same to our ziptied people so i wouldnt just point out Poseidon.

This is one of the main reasons why we added a rule that restraining and unrestraining must be done within RP so that cops/Poseidon don't abuse their whitelisted powers as well as just add more roleplay.
That rule doesn't really clarify anything regarding this question though.

Everyone should be roleplaying when removing or putting on restraints, but is it possible for people to just walk up to someone in police hand cuffs, and remove them within seconds, even with RP?

Surely lock picks should have to be used, rather than a windows key option that probably shouldn't exist.

That rule doesn't really clarify anything regarding this question though.

Everyone should be roleplaying when removing or putting on restraints, but is it possible for people to just walk up to someone in police hand cuffs, and remove them within seconds, even with RP?

Surely lock picks should have to be used, rather than a windows key option that probably shouldn't exist.
Both Police and Poseidon are expected to use some rp to unrestrain as well as restrain as the rule states. As for if you wish people use lockpicks/keys, add a suggestion or rule feedback. 

Whom ever is doing this is not on the right server 🙂 You are obligated to RP everything...even your moms death...😂

It's because Poseidon have the option to simply unrestrain; and it easily slips the mind when its already an option. You may remember Reiss I forgot to do it in the middle of a gunfight (before it had to be roleplayed) and I grabbed the guy back and made him come back to the same slot to roleplay it. This should be less of an issue now that restraining/unrestraining should ALWAYS be roleplayed - but again slipups still happen.

Both Police and Poseidon are expected to use some rp to unrestrain as well as restrain as the rule states. As for if you wish people use lockpicks/keys, add a suggestion or rule feedback. 
The thing is not about RP. It's about whether poseidon are allowed to use the unrestrain feature att all or not, since these are locked cuffs and not zip ties. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Could we not just have a copy of the key? As in real life, you can buy a universal handcuff key on eBay for about five quid. Some criminals carry them, it's not a big leap to suggest that a cartel that has constant battles with the police would also carry this as standard issue.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ
Back