What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Ark: Survival Evolved

Elakin

Back from the dead
Unlinked
Anyone who has played this game, what do you think of it?

It's the kind of game I love but I'm just not sure about it and need some opinions as to whether or not to buy it.

Played it when it came out, and it was laggy as all hell so haven't given it another shot. Probably will do now, it's been so long.

I've heard good things tbh and it does look alot like Rust, which I love.

I played it but like Washington said it was very poorly optimized, but after putting so much effort and time into it ~200 hours I had to start over because some chinese tribe destroyed everything in the server got pretty demotivated and just stopped playing it.

That's just what it's like in those kind of games though, like rust. One minute you have everything, the next it's been destroyed or stolen etc, I'm fine with that as long as the game itself is fun

Overall game is fun, but very time consuming. Taming dinos can take ages when I was playing you would have to stand next to it and protect it for like 1-2 hours if you leave it for a minute a random dino can just come and kill him. But if you are up for a challange and like games like that, you will enjoy it!

I hammered it on the Xbox one because for some reason it runs better, I bought it on pc a few weeks ago just haven't got round to picking a server to play on 

I like the game, but you will get the wiped feeling of Rust, twice as much because they will also kill your dinos that you took ages finding and training.

Regardless i play the shit out of the game when i had it... not i don't have time and when i do i prefer Rust.

If you dont have more than 3 active people dont even bother joining a official PvP server, rather just join a official PvE, but the best options are private servers, however you need to put a few hours work in finding a server. Some servers get alot of attention, but then because the admins dont know how to run it they just become empty after a few weeks. Put some time in, find a server with a few active admins and check how long the server has been run already. 

The game however, I think is the best game of 2015. Wildcard is not as big as some other game companies, yet they do a way better job than any other developers I have ever seen. New stuff added every 2 weeks, there is a huge bug after the patch? No problem, it will be fixed within hours. The game is not fully optimized yet, however a mainstream PC can run the game properly on low/medium, I had no problems running the game on high, and on ultra I had 25-30 fps. 

Whoever says the developers are bad can go back to cod and pay 50€ for those few extra gun skins, or wait 4 months for a gamebreaking yet easy fixable bug to get fixed. 

played the game quite a bit. Its awesome but pretty crap optimized, so you have to atleast tweak graphics to get your FPS to a enjoyable level, but if u have a decent computer it still looks good, would recommend putting stuff like groundclutter down a bit and sky all the way down (no more clouds) and beaches etc isn't as detailed but it helps the FPS, remove rotation blur cus its a bitch in ARK. 

would also play on a private server with boosted gathering/taming etc.. On normal servers when i played atleast, i had to eat and drink constantly, and you pretty much sit and spam collecting and eating the whole way, and it takes hours to tame and train dinos. I played on 5x everything and it was perfect, also i think it was 0.2hunger/thrist rate or something, so 5x less pretty much. That way you dont have to cook food/collect water all the time and it doesn't take forever to get a nice base going, and training/taming dinos doesn't take long either. Try and find a server that is recently wiped with active admins aswell if possible :)

i would also recommend taming pteranodon and going all out on movement speed and some weight, grab players,lift them high and drop. Very enjoyable :)

all in all it was definitely worth buying for me.

Just a note - the optimization shouldn't be an issue as I will be buying it for Xbox One. Keep the reviews coming though please everyone!

Just a note - the optimization shouldn't be an issue as I will be buying it for Xbox One. Keep the reviews coming though please everyone!
Xbox is fair game, even though you should go for The Division :)

its brilliant on the xbox one mate , runs fine and overall the game itself i think is awesome , i recommend you play on  a primal server (no guns or c4) witch is alot safer for farming dinosaurs and base building

its brilliant on the xbox one mate , runs fine and overall the game itself i think is awesome , i recommend you play on  a primal server (no guns or c4) witch is alot safer for farming dinosaurs and base building
Primitive servers dont have any end game stuff, electronics and so on. If you want to be safe from others raiding you and killing, you have PvE servers.

Xbox is fair game, even though you should go for The Division :)
Already got it Preordered mate!

Add me on XB1 - 'Daaannyyyy x'

Already got it Preordered mate!

Add me on XB1 - 'Daaannyyyy x'
my base and 6 rexs got blown up so i rage quit and sold my xbox lol but if you ever get it on pc im starting a server for it next week haha

Back