What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Arma 3: Infection Mode

Kaostic

After some searching around, I can't really find any notion of this game mode, so thought feck it, I'll make it myself. My only issue is that, while I can do the map and game design, I would need somebody/somebodies to come and help me with the coding part of this. Please note: I am not asking for anybody to assist me with this but, if you were to, of your own accord, send me an example of your arma 3 coding in action, I can't stop you.

THE PREMISE

This game mode will be a team deathmatch PvP mode whereby one team play as Survivors and the other team play as Infected. One player joins the Infected team, and all others are Survivors. The goal of the Infected is to infect (kill) all the Survivors - when a Survivor dies, they are respawned as an Infected. The goal of the Survivors is to complete a set of objectives before the time run outs (i.e. Get to the chopper, etc. etc.). When an Infected is killed, they have a short respawn timer, then are allowed to rejoin the game.

The game mode starts off in a small, isolated location. If a Survivor leaves this isolated zone, hordes of roaming zombies will target them, thus infecting them. Each time a Survivor is infected, the "play zone" becomes larger (i.e. instead of being isolated to Kavala Hospital, it expands to Kavala "Police Station", and so on).

The Survivors will spawn with basic weapons, but improved weapons can be found dotted around the place. The Infected will not have weapons available to them, but will be able to melee, in a round-about way. They will only be able to attack at very short range. (boy, that's going to be a pain in the arse to figure out how to do...)

POTENTIAL EXPANSION

• Various locations the game mode could be played in, as decided by the party leader before the game starts.
  • Randomised spawn locations of weaponry.
  • Perks that can be called in by the Survivors i.e. weapons drop, etc.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your guy's and girl's thoughts on this game mode? Sound like something you'd be interested in playing?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds awesome if it could be done but tall order bud. looking foward to see more about this.

sounds awesome if it could be done but tall order bud. looking foward to see more about this.
No doubt it would be a decent-sized project, but the bare bones of it shouldn't be too complex (he says, not entirely believing that).

Little idea for attacking as infected. Maybe add a knockout feature? so they knock them out then scroll to infect like the robberies on here. @Kaostic

Last edited by a moderator:
Little idea for attacking as infected. Maybe add a knockout feature? so they knock them out then scroll to infect like the robberies on here. @Kaostic
Hmm.. So I suppose that they could knock them down, then slowly "feed" on them. If the Infected doesn't complete the "feed", the user can escape, but with damage inflicted and would have to find a FAK.

Back