What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

ARMA 3 JOYSTICK

Charles Vane

Staff Team
Staff Team
I have wanted to buy a joystick to fly with for a long time now, i would like to spend somewhere in the region of £50

In my about 15 mins of research i found: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick (PC)

Its bang on 50 quid and what i want to know if anyone has a joystick already and its good and works well could you recommend it or if £50 is not enough for a decent one and would not be worth it then could you let me know.

Any advice would be appreciated with any joysticks

Unfortunately I have not had much experience with the lower end joysticks so I can't comment too much on the quality. I have heard some fairly good things about the budget Thrustmaster sticks however. 

If you are going for a joystick setup I'd say it's not worth it if you are not also getting the throttle to go with it: Thrustmaster-T-16000M-FCS-Hotas-PC

I started flight on an xbox controller, shifted to a X-52 HOTAS then when that go a bit loose I swapped for a X-55 HOTAS with Saitek Pedals.

All I can say is that if all you are planning on flying on is ArmA I really can't recommend anything more than a xbox controller tbh. I've tried swapping back to in a few times and I truly feel that I am not too much worse with it. If you have one already and want help setting it up a bit better than the default ArmA controller setting let me know. 

Logitech extreme 3D pro. It’s about £30 and it’s really good, I’d recommend it and I’m sure that some of the good pilots we’ve got here would, too.

I have a Logitech 3D Pro, good joystick im just a bit shit at using it. Good for arma and has enough buttons for binds

I have the same make of Joystick I think mine was £75, I like it but I never use it anymore as I like to use keyboard and mouse more. As for the joystick, I think it is good however your joystick and thruster will most likely be connected together by a wire which can be annoying however I think it may be a good investment to make, to see if you like flying with a joystick.

Now I did have a joystick, i use a yoke and thrustmaster so its pretty pointless but the one you have is opretty good

All I can say is that if all you are planning on flying on is ArmA I really can't recommend anything more than a xbox controller tbh. I've tried swapping back to in a few times and I truly feel that I am not too much worse with it. If you have one already and want help setting it up a bit better than the default ArmA controller setting let me know. 
This would be a great help, iv tried with a controller but it seems really slow for some reason, not sure why

I have wanted to buy a joystick to fly with for a long time now, i would like to spend somewhere in the region of £50

In my about 15 mins of research i found: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Joystick (PC)

Its bang on 50 quid and what i want to know if anyone has a joystick already and its good and works well could you recommend it or if £50 is not enough for a decent one and would not be worth it then could you let me know.

Any advice would be appreciated with any joysticks
From my experience and from what friends who are very skilled at flying have told me, the mouse is the best (with the right keybinds). I would also recommend when flying helis such as the humming bird you have a key bind to put your fov to the max. If I was going to invest in anything I would get a eye tracker as they are amazing for situational awareness when flying. Here is a video that explains the best keybinds - 

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I quite enjoy just using the mouse and keyboard. Would a joystick actually make a difference? Like improve it or is it more of a personal preference thing?

Not sure if you have made your mind up yet or not, but I've got a T16000M HOTAS and its fantastic for the price. The stick and throttle are great, and work well with Arma and other games like DCS and from what I've heard Star Citizen, so Arma isn't pushing the joystick to its limits at all. i've had mine for over a year now and its been working fine. 

Back