What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Arma 3 VON

DemonPuppy

Issue: Arma 3 is not picking up my mic. I launch the game, join the server and the mic works perfectly like I spawn in and talk and is fine. After a while, it just stops working, I know for sure is not my mic problem because teamspeak works fine, csgo works, Steam [testing the mic] works and its only on Arma 3, I would assume. I use earpods and use my headset as a mic, my headset is a Razer Kraken Pro.

PC Specs:

• Processor: Intel Core i7-5700HQ CPU " 2.70GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • System: 64 bit OS [Windows 8.1]
Steps taken to try to solve:

• plugging in the headset and out then launch the game
  • Reinstalling the Headset's drivers
@Zeito@CMO Marc Smith@lionel

How do you set audio in teamspeak? is the headset selected manually or the automatic selection ?
 if you could set it to automatic if it isn't so that its getting the same selection as ARMA3

this screen 

ts_options.png

Seems like your not alone in this 
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/140009-mic-not-transmitting/ Please can you also try running steam in admin mode ???? not sure why that would help but sure go for it.

also ensure that programs can control this device is disabled for your headset. untick both of those.
359px-Output_Properties_-_Advanced.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My teamspeak is always set on automatic

will try to run steam as administrator

I have untick both

I will now give these a try, will get back to you soon.

Update:

Arma 3 is not picking up my mic, when I first log in, it picks up and hten after a while it doesn't, I talked in group chat which showed from my screen that I was talking but from my friend's screen, it doesn't showed that I was talking.

Also when I run steam in admin, teamspeak doesn't work unless I run that in admin too.

@lionel

ok it sounds like applications are grabbing control of the mic for themselves, 

I know its a bit heavy handed, but could you try running your mic through VAC and using that as an input source.

ok it sounds like applications are grabbing control of the mic for themselves, 

I know its a bit heavy handed, but could you try running your mic through VAC and using that as an input source.
um...can you give me a step by step...I am not a techy guy xD

can't find a decent link, i am currently at work though @CMO Marc Smithany chance you could remote in a setup VAC ?

I have just played on other servers, the headset microphone works fine but it doesnt work on RPUK server for some reason. I will give it a try again.

I have just played on other servers, the headset microphone works fine but it doesnt work on RPUK server for some reason. I will give it a try again.
@Ciaran

Any reason this could be? cheers 

Back