What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

Arma 4 setting discussion

Smith

Krypton
Unlinked
It is reasonable that by 2019 we will have some inclination as to the setting (both in time and location) of Arma4.  

What do you think it will be and why?

When thinking about this, I was recently made aware of some interesting points that relate to shooters as a whole. Namely, we may not see a modern (2019-2025) based Arma game, and the same can be said for new Battlefield and Call of Duty titles. Why? Because as of late, vehicle and arms manufacturing companies are becoming increasingly aware that modern shooters are using their intellectual property. Take for example Squad. They've removed Humvees from the game under supposed legal action by the company Humvee for using their design in a commercial game.

If you think about it, it's not a surprise Activision took Call of Duty to the future for quite some time, and then to WW2. Battlefield around the same time went to WW1, and if the rumors are true, BF5 will also be a WW2 game. Futuristic weapons and vehicles are fictional and have no IP claim, and historical weapons no longer have claims on that IP after a long period of time. Does this trend mean we will see Arma4 as a sequel to Arma3? Set not too far in the future, wherein it still feels modern, but with subtly fictional weapons and vehicles resembling current ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW i must say.... Looking at tweets tonight I do not think Arma 3 is finishing with the Tank DLC

1234.png

If they release a new roadmap of DLC's its likely to be starting in mid to late 2018 going well into 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW i must say.... Looking at tweets tonight I do not think Arma 3 is finishing with the Tank DLC

View attachment 9363

If they release a new roadmap of DLC's its likely to be starting in mid to late 2018 going well into 2019
Goes against there original statement of moving into community made DLCs, I reckon it’s just preparation for moving it into end of life Arma section

Im thinking there is 2 more updates coming for ArmA 3. Another terrain/map and then something around the Naval aspect of ArmA. The Naval aspect have not been touched since APEX and the RHIBS and Jetskiis. 

We are on 4 Islands here. Malden, Stratis, Altis and Tanoa. The Naval aspect is wank. 

Infact terms of arma 4. Ive got no clue. I hope but i dont know. 

Maybe arma4 will be so realistic, that you have actively signed a deployment contract by buying the game.

fight against Isis will be easy with the ar and rpuk rebels

I think Bohemia will try and milk Arma 3 as much as they can before doing anything like you said. There is lots more potential content

Maybe arma4 will be so realistic, that you have actively signed a deployment contract by buying the game.

fight against Isis will be easy with the ar and rpuk rebels
Maybe it will be so realistic that you have to sign a contract to join the military for 5 years

Back